Sunday Dinner

Arch

Site Supporter
I never get Sunday dinner, missus is a terrible cook 🤢

I'd do it myself but don't want it to become *my job* Sundays are for fishing when we not got this lockdown nonsense 😑

That's the position I'm in. My missus' idea of a good meal is to chop a load of Veg up into cubes and boil it to death and call it "Stew"

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Our Gert has saved some Fry bentos tins and Does big Yorkshires in them they are the Bogs Dollocks (y) (y)

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
That's the position I'm in. My missus' idea of a good meal is to chop a load of Veg up into cubes and boil it to death and call it "Stew"

And it really thin and watery like p*ss? My missus knows this recipe well 😆

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I had Roast Chicken about 2 o'clock and I don't know why but have said this before, I'm still always hungry even after eating a massive meal with Sunday Dinners in a way I'm not with other meals, so in our house we have cakes later on Sundays. Usually when my Aunt and Nan come round when it's not lockdown. There's one cooking as I type.

genesis

Account Locked
I've just been for a lovely Sunday Roast, chicken, roast & mashed potatoes, carrots, cabbage, 2 giant Yorkshires, and gravy, followed by Sticky Toffee pudding and custard - awesome :love:

Unfortunately, I couldn't have a pint of bitter to wash it down with as currently tea total, but a nice pot of Yorkshire Tea was on tap instead.

The hardest part was the walk back - walk? I could have done with a sleep instead lol
I thought they were only allowed to do takeaway.

Arch

Site Supporter
I never get Sunday dinner, missus is a terrible cook 🤢

I'd do it myself but don't want it to become *my job* Sundays are for fishing when we not got this lockdown nonsense 😑
When all this s**t is over, you can come round here and have one. We can talk about how many Barbel we've caught.........LOL.

Arch

Site Supporter
What’s your recipe for the puddings.
mix.
left time.
Left in oven.
Temp in oven. Any tips are welcome
I use the "three the same" method. One cup of flour, one cup of Eggs and the same of Milk. Mix them early as someone else has said, to get it up to room temp. I use Lard, tried others but seem to do best with Lard. Get the oven hot, pour in the mixture and just keep watching them. My cup makes 12.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
...and don't open the oven door until they're ready to come out

62tucker

Site Supporter
I do use equal mix. Today 6 eggs 6 tablespoons flour. 6 tablespoons of milk. Salt.
Lard in muffin tin. Oven on high for 5 min. Mix made 11. Turn oven down to gas mark 5. And waited.
Made canny ones today. The 6 my son had didn’t put up much of fight.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I do use equal mix. Today 6 eggs 6 tablespoons flour. 6 tablespoons of milk. Salt.
Lard in muffin tin. Oven on high for 5 min. Mix made 11. Turn oven down to gas mark 5. And waited.
Made canny ones today. The 6 my son had didn’t put up much of fight.
And waited. 🤣🤣. Just had a vision of you sat in front of your oven watching your Yorkshire’s rise. 🤣🤣👍