Sunday afternoon Drinking

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
What is is about drinking on a Sunday afternoon that makes you feel tired in the evening?

I mean I can drink on any evening and not feel tired when I get home and go to bed, yet have a drink on a Sunday afternoon and I fall asleep on the settee afterwards.

I went out and met some friends in Leeds at 1:00pm today, returning home about 7:00pm having downed a gallon of Leeds finest beers, plus a small 12" Pizza whilst snacking. Got home, felt fine, fell asleep snoring my head off according to the missus :D

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Just done it meself.
Knocked off from bar duty at 2pm, determined to go home & enjoy my night off. Couple of the lads came in so I stayed for a few pints & a mini-darts tournament. Just woke up on the couch now.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
The other effect of having a couple of drinks at lunchtime is that, when you come out of the pub, you have to squint because it's so bright outside.
Even on the dullest days.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Cant do it... I just fall asleep as soon as get home... just a swift one or two at lunchtime occasionally... As I've got older I've found that my capacity for a beer has diminished... I went out last week with a buddy.... sank 5 pints of Doombar and when it was time for another, I had a cup of tea instead... fer gods sake what's the matter with me....????
On reflection, I could have spent the entire evening suppin' tea instead of beer...?????

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Since hitting the half century I’ve got rubbish at drinking ☹️Well rubbish at coping with the after affects more like ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I rarely get hangovers, dont drink a lot or often to be honest, but when I do it has little effect on me

Good innit?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I'm the same as Arry & Owly. As I've got older, my beer capacity has shrunk. 5 or 6 pints is my maximum.
Any more than that & my arse starts going like the start of bonanza

Total

Site Supporter
I'm the same as Arry & Owly. As I've got older, my beer capacity has shrunk. 5 or 6 pints is my maximum.
Any more than that & my arse starts going like the start of bonanza

Watching 'Bonanza' will never be the same after reading that! :oops::giggle:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
What is is about drinking on a Sunday afternoon that makes you feel tired in the evening?

I mean I can drink on any evening and not feel tired when I get home and go to bed, yet have a drink on a Sunday afternoon and I fall asleep on the settee afterwards.

I went out and met some friends in Leeds at 1:00pm today, returning home about 7:00pm having downed a gallon of Leeds finest beers, plus a small 12" Pizza whilst snacking. Got home, felt fine, fell asleep snoring my head off according to the missus :D
Lightweight:eek::eek::p:p:coffee::coffee:

rudd

Site Supporter
I think its because the vast majority of us are at our most relaxed on a Sunday afternoon.
Weeks work done, weekend chores done.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Which weekend's chores are you on about. If there was a list compiled I'd still be in March :D