SUNBURY WEIR, RIVER THAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiec

Morning all. I had a day walking the Thames from Laleham to Lower Sunbury on Saturday doing a bit of a recce for a trip this coming Friday which ive now decided will be to the weir at Lower Sunbury.

Has anyone fished the weir this year or recently? i wanted to go for Barbel and Pike although perhaps not at the same time, so advice on any of these two species would be appreciated.

We are hiring a boat so can really only fish from 9 to 5. I know that Barbel on this stretch most come out at night but we cant night fish the weir( can we?) which I suspect holds a fair few of em.

I was thinking boilies, pellet and hemp approach. I have to get a Barbel this season, really I do.

Any help greatly appreciated.

jamiec

surely someone on here must have fished this part of the thames?not recently of course, but the last 12-18 months...

Is this board full of mainly northerners?

struggler

solemn chops
Hi jamiec,
There are lots of decent fish to be had at lower Sunbury.
Opposite the Flowerpot pub about a 1/3rd of the way out.
Good luck

pobby

thames is till really high and fast

i fished over lower sunbury the other week before the floods and got nothing out not much luck for any of the other guys that i spoke to

if you do fish there be carefull as i was woken at about 2.30 am to hear a couple of kids talking about knicking me rods but they leged it as soon as they heard the zip go on my tent so gaurd your gear well

jamiec

thanks for all that.

you wont catch me doing a night alone and my fishing mate is 6 ft 3 and 20 st. not quick but very scary indeed, especially when woken up. i wanted to fish the weir from a boat rather than the thames from the bank.

i heard kings walk and a few other s[pots nearby but ccant find anyone whos fished the weir.

pobby

i know the owner of a strech at hampton couart between the weirs so thats where i fish on the thames had 2 nice barbel and a good bream from there before the floods but not been since the water went down
hope you have some luck

Status
Not open for further replies.