Summers Gone

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Lets start thinking about Christmas :eek: Do you prefer Turkey, Chicken, Goose, Duck etc etc. personally we always have a Turkey, a leg of Pork, a big joint of Beef and a large boiled Ham. Problem is, there are only 2 of us and the missus don't eat much meat so I end up with permanent 'meat sweats' for a fortnight; luvverley.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Turkey (normally just a crown) and Gammon. We have done away with Christmas Pudding on Christmas day for the past few years, as we find it a bit heavy, and have something like the Waitrose mouse filled baubles.

Edit it actually won't let me write G*mmon and has changed it to what I have put in bold! I blame Crackapot.

PAB

Site Supporter
Fish. Bass maybe something different not to heavy so I can nibble all day.

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
Turkey crown for Christmas Dinner, large pork pie for Christmas tea. Roast beef dinner on boxing day. I then slim until the 27th.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Either chicken or a nice roast pork joint in our house, can't stand g*mmon and not keen on beef. A plate of cold nibbles for christmas tea.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I‘m allergic to turkey so we have the biggest chicken we can get our hands on. Have it with home made stuffing, pigs in blankets and apple sauce.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Dave if your struggling to get through the meat mountain give me a shout - they don't call me two dinners Kev for nothing. :)

We will probably be having a turkey this year, last year we had a huge joint of beef that was partially ruined by son in law who fancies himself as a bit of a chef not cooking it for long enough, so was oozing blood in middle of the joint when it was carved. Now I like steaks rare, but roast beef ? Thankfully he won;t be allowed anywhere near this Christmas dinner. Best Christmas dinner I had was venison superb.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Turkey Crown with Roast spuds done in Goose Fat, stuffing, sprouts, Pigs in Blankets, swede and Carrot Mash, Roast Parsnips, then Xmas Pud and Vanilla Custard (y) cant wait love Xmas, Alberts 3rd Christmas with us and he gets most Pressies :D

Sportsman

Site Supporter
We will have a haunch of venison, as we do every year.
Turkey crown at new year.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
We eat on Xmas eve. Turkey crown and a ham simmered in coke, P in b's, sausage meat stuffing, all the usual veg.

Arch

Site Supporter
Boxing day for us this year as Daughter and her Hubby are going to his folks on Christmas day.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Last year we (the missus and I) went to Madera for Christmas and whilst enjoyable it wasn't the same as being home for Christmas. This year we've no plans and will take it as it comes.
All's well as long as there's a Pork Pie involved :D

nejohn

Site Supporter
Both Kathy and me are not really fans of Turkey so we try to vary it a little, last year we had a leg of lamb and a duck with the obligatory joint of ham on the side, trouble is I struggle with large meals as I tend to eat little and often so Xmas lunch for me is a bit of a waste, not so bad if we are at home but if we are at family you feel obliged to eat the huge plate full and then consequently I feel pretty ill for the rest of the day. My favourite meal is Xmas Eve supper , freshly cooked ham still warm, soft white bread , pease pudding if I can import some from Durham, local butchers pork pie and cheese and pickles

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
whatever is served, i don't think xmas dinner is any different to any other meal of the week....it's just we are "trained" to believe it is so we get all excited, over buy, over cook and over eat...then throw away whatever is left.

I'm quite happy with fish n chips but the wife likes to make it a proper sunday dinner so we have pork, chicken or beef...Turkey is the most vile meat on the planet, the only reason we eat Turkey now is because nobody can afford a peacock and the traditional goose was replaced with the American favourite in the 50's