Summers Going

Wise Owl

Account Locked
No not Paul Hollywoods bit of Fluff ;) The great british summer is drawing to a close, it dont seem like last week the Crocuses were coming up the Daffys swaying in the spring Breeze, the birds gathering nest materials, but hey its time for WINTER, i hope the weather forcasters have got it right this time when they say we are in for a bad one (y) Snow Knee deep and icicles hanging on yer nose, Bring it on. Wonder if i will still be wearing Shorts in December ???

Last edited:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Does look like next weekend will be the last time we see the right side of 20 degrees until next spring which is a shame. Been a very inconsistent summer after last years proper 5 month summer that’s for sure, been spells of great or rubbish this year with not much in between. I don’t mind the autumn and first bit of winter up to Christmas it’s just January and February that seem to drag for me.

nejohn

Site Supporter
When the last test match ends that signals the end of summer for me...so it ended a day early this year

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Not wise to be wearing shorts in December wise one.
If the floor/pavement doesn’t dry and stays damp looking then you should cover up and keep the damp from your joints. Arthritis in the knees if you don’t.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apparently there is an Indian Summer on its way...

Que the immigrants comments lol

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Last year I went for our Xmas drink in shorts ??I’m the only one on our site with shorts on now and it’s still like summer ??

Sportsman

Site Supporter
36 degrees today, with no proper rainfall for months. Everything is dead or dying. The climate was one of the reasons we came here, after freezing our butts off for 20 years in Scotland, but there is a difference between scratching your arris and ripping it to shreds. I am assured that this is not normal.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Haha, you might be on one of our jobs but I'll be in a mucky smelly let in Bradford fixing some eleses bodge - they took a wall out and havent supported it properly so the wall is dropping down from above :eek:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Last day of heat tomorrow it seems. I’m torn between watching NZ v SA or going fishing. If it wasn’t forecast so windy tomorrow it wouldn’t be a contest but as it is I’m undecided. Leaning towards fishing given it that it’s probably is the end of summer so should really have a go.