Summer of discontent

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookit

Account Locked
Do you remember when summer ment pleasent days and evenings in the tranqual of one own garden. Now as summer draws close how far those days seem to be when one could relax and enjoy the quite with only the sound of the birds and children playing. Now it is like living in a disco music blasting out from gardens, houses and even passing cars, some also suffer with off road machines as well as other forms of noise pollution. A visit to the park is no better in many cases worse I went to our local Park and again music blasting out and a couple had to grab their children as two men on off road bikes belted though from the woods and up past the tennis courts. A call to the police brought no action from them.
What has happened to caring about the people that live in your area it seems in today's society it is self self and self again with not a care regarding the misery they place on others? Where has society gone wrong, why do people not care about others it seems to be the old saying ' im alright Jack ' attitude?
How I long for those peaceful days and evenings in my garden.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
I'm perplexed that quads and mini bikes hold peoples attention for that long wherever driven. But I then look at whos riding em and it all becomes clear. Monkeys.

The same is true of BMX / Mountain Bikes in my area mate.
Not sure if its the driving bans ( doesnt usually impact anything) or the lack of funds, but there seems to be a increase of lads of 20-30 riding around on bikes? its very funny seeing these people looking 'cool' on their bikes....

Youre right mate...people dont care and theirs no consequences at all for these people, or obviously the wrong ones as they keep doing it.

I live near a road that leads to a few miles of 'offroad' territory. At weekends over 50% of the people who 'use' this piece of lad are either a. driving without helmets ( bikes) b. show now reg signs c. driving like lunatics with wheelies etc....never seen a Police car yet....dangerous and unsafe.

After the weekend.... I drive to work and the Notts Police have set up a Tax Disc stop thing in the rush hour....brilliant. at least 8 officers....

Don

Sadly this is termed "progress" Hookit and the common hard working family man can get no help whatsoever to deal with it.
Few years back some idiot had a all night karioke party,the more they drunk the louder the music was and the more lousey the singing became. AT 4am I phoned the police because I had to be in work at 7am.

"oh youre another one on the list then ho ho ho (well he laughed) we cant help sorry but you want to get onto the environmental health people and tell them you have a "noise nusiance" He then went on to explain that unless the muppet had parties every night nothing would be done.
Yes you guessed it I did ask what would happen if I went around there and tw@tted the owner and was told the police would attend and arrest me!

A few weeks later when it was hissing it down with rain and blowing a gale I lit a fire in a small dustbin type incinerator the next day a council official was at my door asking where the bonfire had been. I showed him the dustbin and asked him to check the weather forecast because the karioke muppet had complained saying that smoke was "billowing" through his open window and choking his repulsive chav kids. The EH bloke just smiled one of those smiles (as they do) lol. Apparently Mr karioke had told the council EH dept that he "knew his rights".

Yup like I said thats progress.

Last edited:

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
We (the wife and I) spent last night outside, on the "porch swing", outdoor firplace roaring away, steaks and corn on the cob cooking away on the grill (BBQ [:D]). Fire Flies putting on a light show as night drew in. Long twigs with marshmellows "roasting" in the flames. Nice bottle of Red breathing on the table (well what was left), Crickets singing away, bull frogs joining in the chorous. The drone of Lawn mowers in isolted gardens.

AND PEOPLE ASK ME WHY I MOVED TO THE US.....well DUH [:D][:D][:D][;)]

hookit

Account Locked
Originally posted by RedNeckAngling

We (the wife and I) spent last night outside, on the "porch swing", outdoor firplace roaring away, steaks and corn on the cob cooking away on the grill (BBQ [:D]). Fire Flies putting on a light show as night drew in. Long twigs with marshmellows "roasting" in the flames. Nice bottle of Red breathing on the table (well what was left), Crickets singing away, bull frogs joining in the chorous. The drone of Lawn mowers in isolted gardens.

I would preffer to have piles then live in the US. I have been to the US and even in the 70s it was worse then our county is now.

Every thing rottern in our society is copied from the US.

Last edited:

J

Chubonator

Then BANG! a badass   with a gun put a cap in ya ass!! [:p]

nrayner

30 million.

The ideal population for the UK according to the Green Party. I agree with them on this point

These islands therefore have 30 million too many people.

We are like rats in a cage.

Scratching and fighting for space.

Raging against each others' bad habits and antisocial behavior.

For heavens sake lets stop letting more people in.

Lets turn into a police state for 10 years and force all of the lazy freeloading scum living here to work harder so that we don't have to import people who will work.

Lets forget about being a world power and work to increase our happiness rather than the size of our pathetic go-faster cars.

Let's have space.

Get down to Tesco now. 9 bottle cases of Old Speckled Hen for 9.98...lovely.

Last edited:

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
[/quote]

I would preffer to have piles then live in the US. I have been to the US and even in the 70s it was worse then our county is now.

[/quote]

Even your spelling? [:D]

Ive "admired" the way you thoughtfully post on here hookit, thought provoking posts that, most of the time, encourage deep thinking and thought provoking conversations. Then you p**s all over your good work with a comment like that[:(!]

Unless you where in Hells Kitchen then, please expand on your above comments. Especially the "Everything ROTTEN in our society is copied from the US".

Granny bashing? Messing with kids? Please tell me how that came from the US.

Not liking the US for whatever reason is fine, I fully support anyone to have their own opinion, but to blame one country for ALL the problems of your own is nothing short of blind ignorance and poor education.

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
[/quote]Then BANG! a badass   with a gun put a cap in ya ass!! [:p]
[/quote]

badass  ? Do they really talk like that here?[:D] Stop watching MTV[:p][;)]

Anyway I always where kevlar while outside [:D][:D][:D]

hookit

Account Locked

[/quote]

Even your spelling? [:D]

Ive "admired" the way you thoughtfully post on here hookit, thought provoking posts that, most of the time, encourage deep thinking and thought provoking conversations. Then you p**s all over your good work with a comment like that[:(!]

Unless you where in Hells Kitchen then, please expand on your above comments. Especially the "Everything ROTTEN in our society is copied from the US".

Granny bashing? Messing with kids? Please tell me how that came from the US.

Not liking the US for whatever reason is fine, I fully support anyone to have their own opinion, but to blame one country for ALL the problems of your own is nothing short of blind ignorance and poor education.
[/quote]

Good points mate however if you look at most of our problems in this country we have copy cat them from the US. I lived in the states for a year with the good old British army helping train US soldiers. I stayed at Fort Drum NY. And on my visits to good old NY and other towns and cities all those years ago they had the problems then we have here today and a lot worse. I would have loved to have seen you having a BBQ in the Bronx's you would have been the one on the BBQ. I only went there twice with black soldiers I would not go on my own or only with white folks. In my year in the US I visited a lot of nice places meet a lot of nice folks but mate there's a hell of a lot of nasty stuff in the US. Those who have nothing are in a far worse state then those who have not in this country. I would agree there are some fantastic places in the US to visit and some cracking folks but visiting is ok but living there hell no. The poor are treated like dirt and the standard many life in was disgraceful. Looking at some of the poverty in the US reminded me of being in the third world. The US is a great land if you have money.

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
Still you haven't name any of the problems that the UK copycat?

The point you make is that poverty in the BRONX is worse than it is in the WHOLE of England. All you go on about is poverty and how those with nothing are worse off than the people in the UK who have nothing. Again, a statement made with no knowledge behind it.
The homeless, poverty stricken people in NY are no worse off than the homeless, poverty stricken of London. Yes, there maybe more of them in New York, but considering the size of the place and the far greater number of people, then the actual ratio isn't that much different. Anyway, poverty is apparently you say, that England doesn't "do" as bad as the US. So, Im still waiting on these "copycat" situations.

Maybe unemployment? Or Immigration? Or Illegal Aliens?

nrayner

New York

The city is comprised of five boroughs: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island. With over 8.1 million residents within an area of 322 square miles (830 km), New York City has the highest population density of any major city in North America.[2][3] The city's metropolitan area, with a population of 18.8 million, ranks among the largest urban areas in the world

London

London is the most populous city within city limits in the European Union[6] with an official population of 7.6 milllion (as of 2006)[7] and has a metropolitan area population of between 12 and 14 million people

Noit a fat lot of difference,r really (add or deduct Birmingham!)

Ban unnaturally large urban areas, I say

Don

Since a lot of Brits......ermm English folk landed on Plymouth Rock to escape religous persecution then in theory anything exported from the USA to these shores must have originated in the gene pool (not the 501s either lol)of those first inhabitants only to surface many years later to infuriate hookit.

Have to say Redneck that this country is more than able to imitate and improve on (if thats the right wording!)anything nasty that happens in any country in the world today.

I reckon everything and everyone that could be blamed have been blamed apart from the lame excuses of human detritus that commit all these horrible crimes and actions against other human beings. Apparently "political correctness" dictates that we should try to emphathise and understand those wrong doers in our society.

Yes I understand them,yes I can emphathise with them if I so wished, but surely it would be far easier, a lot more satisfying and certainly more enjoyable to just "PUT A CAP IN THE MOFOS ASS?.............Oh to be in England now that spring is here everyone does what they like and its thanks to Tony Blair.:);)

well my back garden used to be ok, but now the jammy people next door have a hot tub so all you can hear is that humming away and the drilling and getting choked to death by dust from a new housing complex called buckshaw which are house directly backs onto.

all in all apart from that and the gardener hasnt been for a couple of weeks so the garden is currently like a forest its ok

hookit

Account Locked

Still you haven't name any of the problems that the UK copycat?

The point you make is that poverty in the BRONX is worse than it is in the WHOLE of England. All you go on about is poverty and how those with nothing are worse off than the people in the UK who have nothing. Again, a statement made with no knowledge behind it.
The homeless, poverty stricken people in NY are no worse off than the homeless, poverty stricken of London. Yes, there maybe more of them in New York, but considering the size of the place and the far greater number of people, then the actual ratio isn't that much different. Anyway, poverty is apparently you say, that England doesn't "do" as bad as the US. So, Im still waiting on these "copycat" situations.

Maybe unemployment? Or Immigration? Or Illegal Aliens?

Gang culture

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by hookit
[brGang culture

Ever been to Hackney, Peckham, and other parts of London?

Gang warfare was rife in Glasgow, and parts of Manchester, and still is.

The gang culture has been in these Islands for centuries, just that now they have more weapons to use and think they can get away with it, and more than likely are.

Isn't it strange that when people look back everything looked so rosey and pleasant. The problems we are having today have always been there, apart from the pollution by traffic, but now the issues are communicated better.

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
[:D] Geoff beat me to it [:D]

Although might I add the Mods and Rocker days back in the SIXTIES, hookit NOT seventies. The huge "meetings" they had at Morcambe and Brighton.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
And Hastings, twice.

Luckily now, at bank holidays, the bikers go to Hastings (still) and the scooter riders go the the West Country, Weston Super Mare being one meeting place.

roachie

Although might I add the Mods and Rocker days back in the SIXTIES, hookit NOT seventies. The huge "meetings" they had at Morcambe and Brighton.

Ahhhhh Great days[:D][:D][:D]

roachie

Originally posted by roachie

Ahhhhh Great days[:D][:D][:D]Sorry just dreaming[8D][8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.