Summer bib&brace

karp_katcher

Site Supporter
Looking for a good bib&brace for summer unlined and breathable
What’s the recommendation?

Reuben

Site Supporter
Continuing a well trodden path, you could look at Army Surplus goretex bib & braces for 20% of the price....same material but different name. I’ll take cover now..........

Reuben

Site Supporter
Looking for a good bib&brace for summer unlined and breathable
What’s the recommendation?
I don’t like using a bib & brace in warmer months. I prefer a pair of waterproof trousers if it’s mainly to keep my strides dry when landing fish. If it’s weather related I just wear a waterproof jacket with them. I only pleasure fish so am under a brolly if wet. I use a pair of Police issue black single layer Goretex overtrousers - £15 off the ‘bay. Or if it’s colder a pair of US Army 3 layer Goretex jobs - £25/30. Both are 100% waterproof & do the job.

dave brittain 1

I use the blue ex Army/Navy/RAF goretex trousers for summer fishing. About £20 on ebay. The problem with good trousers is that the oil from pellets can degrade the stitching. With these you can get 2-3 seasons, wash as required and then throw them away.

They aren't as thick/good quality as HH, however for summer if you simply want to keep you legs dry while bagging they are perfect.

karp_katcher

Site Supporter
I use the blue ex Army/Navy/RAF goretex trousers for summer fishing. About £20 on ebay. The problem with good trousers is that the oil from pellets can degrade the stitching. With these you can get 2-3 seasons, wash as required and then throw them away.

They aren't as thick/good quality as HH, however for summer if you simply want to keep you legs dry while bagging they are perfect.
Sounds about right will take a look cheers.

Griffo

Site Supporter
H&H are the best but if your budget don’t stretch to that then Leon Grant in good old Barnsley do made to order any spec, lined or unlined, I use them all summer but only as I catch that many fish I’m constantly slimed up and they stop me being damp all the time! Well that’s what I like to thing anyway ;)

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Ive got some unlined Berghaus waterproof trousers. Think they were £50 but never let me down. hooks don't snag on 'em never leaked

Also open quite widely at the bottom of the legs - easy removal etc.

DaveGas

Just bought myself a pair of Goretex Berghaus Maitland over trousers, very light and the zips go all the way up the leg and open both ways so you are able to open them at the top when its warm but remain dry while unhooking