Suggestion for the for tackle for sale section

scuttster

Site Supporter
Hi @Dave I was just browsing the for sale section and sifting through the items marked as sold wondered if there was any method for the site to auto hide those listings to logged in members (or site supporters!?). For non logged in members and web searches those listings would still be visible to drive traffic to the site.

Keep up the good work

Mark

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem with automatically hiding them is some people like to look back and see what stuff was advertised for when it was sold.
It might be possible to set it though so that individuals can hide based on prefix - ie you can select to ignore sold items.
I'll have a look into it over the weekend as a bit tied up at the moment getting everything ready to move everything onto a new server

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Three years since the last two were bought :eek:

Time flies :)

The database server (Linux) operating system is end of life so needs upgrading, the file server (Windows) has had extra storage added to it last year, so the plan was to amalgamate both servers onto one large Linux server.
Over the past three months or so I've been slowly changing the parts of the site that were dependant on Windows, such as .asp files, ready for the change.
There are many plus points to the move, least of all to simplify the running and updates of the software as most of it is now php based which is more geared up to Linux.
Onwards and upwards :)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I don't mind looking through the 'SOLD' tackle. Gives me an idea on how much a certain rod, reel etc. goes for.

lp1886

Site Supporter
I’m surprised sold items aren’t removed. Having a history to see what items sold for in the past isn’t a true reflection of the general market...someone could have been desperate for that certain item (or the cash) at the time of sale.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sold items are removed within a 60day period

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
How about a "What's Your Latest Purchase" thread... if theres summat trending folks can see, and see what is popular in the tackle world