Suffolk Water Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Hi

Has anybody fished the Suffolk Water Park, located just outside Ipswich on the A14?

I'm thinking of giving it a go for an overnight Carp session on what they call their Big Fish Lake, (let's hope they are not just boasting [:D] ), and would welcome any inside knowledge that may be out there.

Thanks

AlanP

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi Alan!

Haven't fished this water myself, but, I am sure one of the mags covered it recently. Have tried to find it for you but while I've been sortig the cars out the wifey has been "tidying" and has upset my filing system![:D]
However have found something
Suffolk Water Park, nr Ipswich
Tel:-01473 832327
The big fish lake you mention would be their "specimen lake (25 acres)" roughly horseshoe in shape with the centre spit containing the most popular pegs (which by the way face an "out-of-bounds bank")
one section of this area is heavily wooded, with a series of bays that give great cover.
One arm runs at 12ft deep with the rest running between 3-5ft deep and fairly weedy (this might not be the case now)
Venue record is 38lb 14oz,with the lake containing several thirtys, and "numerous" twentys
Bearing in mind this info was from mid-end Sept the shallows were reported as fishig the best with most carp falling to baits fished in or very near the weed.
I know the info is a bit out-of-date but hope it helps you.

Bluey

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Last edited:

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Thanks Bluey, as you say a couple of months out of date but better than going there totally "blind"!

AlanP

benwhodafunk

suffolk water park is a quality water ive fished it a few times my self there is definitly a ton big english carp in there. it not to hard but like all lakes you have to find them ive caught all my fish from there on standerd tactics but from what i haveseen this year most people use a baitboat an pile a load of particles in. there penty of 20plus fish goodhead of 30's and the 40ty . i m planning on going up there soon as there is a good chance of a winter 30+.they do like to show in there but my experence has been through the summer and and spring not the winter. you say your going for a overnighter you probaly need a few nights there if you hav never fished it as its a big water an they can be difficult to locate at times. this info might be a bit late but if you hav already bin how did u get on

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Ben

Thanks for the info. I never made it to the anticipated overnight session as I ended up cancelling my couple of days off due to work commitments.

I still want to get there for a sesion as it does look promising.

When do you plan on going and what sort of session, day or overnight?

AlanP

Status
Not open for further replies.