Suffolk / Norfolk Anglers

Adders27

Any anglers based in Suffolk or Norfolk on here ??

Looking for local info on venues / clubs / syndicates etc etc

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I'm based in Norfolk. Know nothing about Syndicates but I've fished a decent amount of venues?

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I’m near Diss and currently fish the Diss Angling club waters
Ah, I'm based around Lynn. A lot of people round here buy a KLAA club book, This opens you up to some decent river systems if thats your thing, and also includes some decent venues such as Tottenhill. It's about an hour's drive from you to reach these areas.

I fish mostly around the Downham Market area though for the commercial fishing as it has some great waters. Dents of Hilgay, Denver Windmill, Fendix & such.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
My family lived in that heck of woods for a while so I’ve been over that way a few times and always done a bit fishing. The Waveney between Bungay and beccles seemed a really good river when I fished it a few times last year and as a kid I had a lot of good fishing on the Bure. Only Stillwater complex’s I’ve fished over that way is cobbleacres which has a couple good lakes and a couple not so good. That said I did see a guy catching pretty well on diss mere last year.

Adders27

Sadly I think Mid Suffolk / South Norfolk has very few decent mixed fisheries and they tend to be small carp lakes often rammed and overfished .. the few exceptions like SWP and Harleston are ok but mostly run as carp waters ... I prefer quiet mid sized lakes that has space for anglers who coarse fish and although I like catching carp having other fish to target is fun too

Adders27

My family lived in that heck of woods for a while so I’ve been over that way a few times and always done a bit fishing. The Waveney between Bungay and beccles seemed a really good river when I fished it a few times last year and as a kid I had a lot of good fishing on the Bure. Only Stillwater complex’s I’ve fished over that way is cobbleacres which has a couple good lakes and a couple not so good. That said I did see a guy catching pretty well on diss mere last year.
Yes Diss Mere is part of my clubs waters ... only problem is Joe Public walking past every 5mins asking what you caught mate !!!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah I can imagine it’s worse than your average public water for that given how central to the town it is.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Might be worth you getting the Wilson book where to fish in Norfolk and Suffolk. Obviously a bit old now but still quite good for reference.

rudd

Site Supporter
Might be worth you getting the Wilson book where to fish in Norfolk and Suffolk. Obviously a bit old now but still quite good for reference.
The Wilson book is very outdated and wont be updated 😯

Club Waters « Bungay Cherry Tree Angling Club heard this club is ok

The Nunnery Lakes - NS Fisheries. very strict but very picturesque

I am from arse end of Suffolk - Felixstowe peninsula. 50 mins away from you on a clear run.
There are four clubs but all small one venue jobs.

Alton Water worth a day out if you want to travel.

smiffy

Site Supporter
Alton water near Ipswich may offer what your looking for. Although a bit of a trek you have 300acres of water to target. It’s making a comeback after years of neglect with large Roach,Bream and Tench. There is Carp in there but you won’t get any noddy’s over there because of the extremely low density of them. You can get a yearly ticket.
Arleigh reservoir,Colchester, is also 120acres. It offers big Bream,Roach,Rudd and Tench,although another trek. A favourite of mine but in many places a 50yd chuck will be needed to get out of the margins. Both are resevoirs so you have to combat gin clear water. No need for method feeders or anything complicated. Straightforward groundbait feeder with Corn,caster,maggot,worm or pellet. Feeder filled with pellet and corn,so cheap. Both places see very little bank side traffic compared to the size of them. Both get Carp fished but by dedicated anglers. Apart from Weybread pits and the mere I don’t really know any waters of significant size that aren’t commercials local to you, but then again I don’t know the clubs too well.
Alton water Facebook group

Last edited: