Subscriptions or Email Notifications....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Everyone,

Every now and again I receive an email from a user who has opened their mailbox to find a load of emails in there that are notifying them of new postings to the forum.

The forum will not send emails out automatically unless you the user requests it to do so using the 'Subscribe to...' function.

A user can subscribe to receive email notification at various points in the forum - either at full board level, at category level or at topic level using the symbol > icon_subscribe.gif

Once a user has subscribed to a part of the forum this link > My Subscriptions will then appear at the top-right of the forum.
In here the user can then manage their subscriptions and unsubscribe if they wish.

Also where-ever you see this symbol > icon_unsubscribe.gif you have the option to cancel the subscription to that particular part of the board or topic.

When you 'Subscribe to ....' YOU are asking for an Email to be sent, We do not send them to you without your request.

For more information on subscriptions, please Click Here

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:

scoobs11

go on dave tell it like it is lol

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just bringing this back to the top for the benefit of our newer members [:)]

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
every time i open my mail prog i get loads of bloody mails from the site letting me know there's been a new posting(oops sorry forgot i have to don't i? [:D])

The most i've had in one day is well over a hundred [:eek:]

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

everyready

when you are new to m/d you press all button then wait for the wife to tell you you are a twit[;)]then let her put it wright[:D] i got 100s of eeeeeee from somewhere[:D][:D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lol, you should try being an Admin - if I get less than 100 emails in a day, I check to see if the site has been down [:D]

Subscriptions have one big advantage over the normal 'email notification' found on many other boards in so much as a user can receive emails to let them know of new postings to a topic without having to be the topic starter.

So for example if you see something that interests you and you reply, you can subscribe to that topic when posting your reply and if someone else replys, you'll be informed.
The normal 'email notification' on other boards will only allow the topic starter to be informed of replies.

When you subscribe to a forum you will receive an email when a new topic or posting is made to that forum and if you subscribe to a category, you will receive an email whenever someone starts a new topic or posts to a forum within that category.

Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
eh!

teepee.

Do not resist growing old.
Many are denied the privilege.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Basically teepee,

The whole board is the 'Board'
The sections within are 'Categories'
Each bit within those are 'Forums'
Inside the forums are 'Topics'
And messages in those are 'Posts'

[:D]

Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
"Ger" "Ger Ger" "Ger" Gorit lol

you dont have to go fishing to get a bite[:D][:D][:D]

teepee.

Do not resist growing old.
Many are denied the privilege.

Steve M

Site Supporter
Thanks Dave,
that answers a few questions. Being new I thought I had messed up somewhere along the line and that other members were waiting for replies from me!
Cheers.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Back to the top for our new members [;)]

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.