Sturgeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Does anyone know where i could catch a sturgeon in The Uk?[8D] I just did a search on Google and all i got was Cananda.

Tight lines [:D]

Lid

I saw in one of the weekly comics a lake that's got them in. Can't remember which comic, but it was in the last 4 or 5 months. I'm sure some-one else will know, otherwise I can try and find it.

everyready

ther are 3 in my back pond but they still wont count in the fishing comp[:D] will be intrested in these myself just have to see what the others know

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Hi

Riverside Fishery just outside Stowmarket in Suffolk has Sturgeon to 16lb according to the review in IYCF this month.

I fished it on Sunday (see my report in Where you fished today) and it's a small 1.5 acre lake that was enjoyable to fish.

Good luck with your hunt.

Note: If anybody fancies a try here let me know and I'll send directions, or even see if I can join you. It's 5 per day (concessions 3), and 10 for night-fishing (which has to be pre-arranged via Tony Lee on 07855 531 915, no night-fishing on Sunday btw).

Alan

AlanP

Last edited:

scouse

'River Man'
hi granjuiceymoose
there is a lake in lancashire
j27 m6 it is in back lane
it is called beacon view
if your thing of going let me know
and i will give you
the exact directions[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

fishing_mad

i dont know were to catch em but i might have a go seeing as you mention it

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Scouse is right best place is Beacon view at apply bridge near wigan it's got a good head of sturgeon up to 25 llb also some good carp barbel and all silver fish well worth a visit any further info just ask and i will help all i can i fished it today with Ray and he had a decent sturgeon of about 7llb and barbel going 5llb the good thing is it is close to m6 as well.

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Last edited:

chub

theres a large sturgeon in my koi pond but i will
who trys to catch it?

i love catching chub

ray

quote: al peters is this water day ticket or club water
day ticket mate, 5 per day, not sure how much for a night but will find out if you want.

later
ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

ray

if anybody does want to give it a try just send me a p.m. and give you whatever info i can.

ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

timber

built for comfort
beacon veiw fishery near wigan.and its flood lit

big dave

david platt

Fusilier
Hi granjuiceymoose,
Yes I know a lake with sturgeon in, Its Beacon View lake
Appley Bridge, Wigan Lancashire.
Its got Sturgeon up to 4feet + koi to 12ibs + carp (no leathers ? )and all the normal fish.
Website address is
http://www.daytickets.co.uk/beaconvieww.htm
david[:D][:D]

lanc

everyready

juts come back from a walk around beaconviev. what a cold place get kitted up open to the wind and it was freezing but people were stil catching at the deep end as i was imformed by ray.and only small fish about 2lbs were comeing out while i was there .one person this morning had one sturgeon just over 10lbs carp were also showing to 10 as well .
i will be there next weekend not sure which day yet see what the weather will be like

everyready

been back today with fishing tackle and got a 6lbs sturgeon back up there next weekend [:p]

phil

Bloody hell, i diodn't think anyone would get a sturgeon this early in the comp.
targetting zander in feb.

jonesr

For anybody down the south east,there are Sturgeon in Nupers Hatch Fishery in Essex![8D][8D][8D]
Ron J

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.