stupidity of some "grown adults"

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just been watching "Storm surge" on 5 spike, it was showing the storm surge that ripped along the north sea coast in 2017 and how the coastguard had to patrol certain areas due to people wanting to take "storm selfies".

Of course, most of the people were late teen/early twenties idiots who decided standing on the sea wall and waiting for a massive wave to slam into the wall was a bloody good idea.
When asked to move away they gave the usual gobby attitude reply "this is a public footpath" "you can't stop me being here" "you ain't the police" blah blah but the favourite one seemed to be "I'm a grown adult you can't tell me what to do".

Even though they were needed in other area the coastguard members couldn't leave that area because it is their duty to protect the public along the coast, especially during stormy weather like that.
If i had my way i would make it law that, should they run into "grown adults" with that kind of attitude who refuse to follow instruction/ leave an area for their own safety then they forfeit any claim for help etc.

The coastguard (or whoever) should be able to video them refusing to follow the advice and use it as proof that the person was happy to remain putting themselves at risk and accept that they would not be given any assistance should they be injured/ fall in etc.

Maybe when they realise just what they are risking they wouldn't be so cocksure and gobby towards the people trying to give them good advice!

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
At the very least they should have to pay for any resources used o rescue them and be charged with manslaughter if anyone loses their life trying to rescue them