Stupid Boxer Alert

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Does anyone have any tips how to cure a Boxer, namely Winston, of sheer stupidity :D

Today I was given a toy rocking horse which was destined for the tip as it's handles were broken off.
A couple of hours later and with the addition of some threaded bar, a couple of nuts and washers, plus a couple of sections of broom handle drilled out to sleeve over the threaded bar and the rocking horse is revived and ready for my grandaughter, assuming she wants it :)

Well, since the new addition to the household, Winston has not left it alone. He was mortified when I started to drill into it's head, he's followed it around, sniffed it's arse, nosed underneath it, and even tried to mount it at one point, he's obsessed with the new 'pet'.
He can't settle and when he does he lie's down with it. It's a stuffed toy ffs yet he seems to think it's real :D

Screenshot 2022-04-02 200053.jpg

He's definitely not happy and if he doesn't get over it it looks like the rocking horse will have to go as I don't know how he'd be if my grandaughter wanted to play on it.

Screenshot 2022-04-02 200128.jpg

I knew we should have just got a Hamster lol. 38kg of Boxer and he's reduced to a wreck by a stuffed toy :D

D

Deleted member 23692

The reason boxers have dark eyes is the light is not strong enough to reflect from the back of their skull from the void from where their brain should be. Lovely dogs, but day as a brush and wow can they fart.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
You’ll just have to hide it when the granddaughter comes. Winston will be mortified if you get rid🙁

Total

Site Supporter
@Dave ......The reason poor Winston is so unsure of what the hell is going on is probably stemmed from when he witnessed you trying to feed sugar lumps to the rocking horse.....:D

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
@Dave ......The reason poor Winston is so unsure of what the hell is going on is probably stemmed from when he witnessed you trying to feed sugar lumps to the rocking horse.....:D
Winston is unsure because the horse was eating them.

We needn’t worry though @Dave will lose it in a couple of days.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think it worried the missus more when I rode it home :D

TiggerXFM

On one of the pubs I worked on the tennant had a boxer dog, named Rommel. Anyhow, the dog was a stunning specimen, he had near perfect Irish markings (brindle jacket and white blaze) which shone like a new penny (I used to wipe him over with a cloth and cocanut oil), and when we put a dicki bow on him he looked like he had a tuxedo on, seriously smart and handsome dog! He did actually stand on the door with us and was part of our gang. He gave every single person a propper intense looking over as they came in. If we threw someone out and bannned them we would often hold them infront of Rommel and tell him to remwmber them, he did!...if someone came and told us one of the banned people had sneaked in we would tell Rommel to go find them. The dog was seriously cool and confident, he would walk through the crowded punters with two or three of us behind him and was checking them all out until he came across that person. Once he found them he stand directly infront of them and star at them and wouldn't let them move. Regulars knew the score and would move away leaving a space. If the person had to be dragged out then Rommel would always have a chew on them as they were ejected!
That pub was lively to say the least and we often had trouble with gangs of punters, usually ourtside because we refused them entry and Rommel would always get stuck in with us, I can actually picture him chasing a scumbag up the street and pulling him down shaking his head as he sunk his teeth in lol.

During the quieter spells Rommel would often go hunting the ferral cats that flurished in the back streets of the town centre.
Rommel really was a clever dog and had an air of superiority and confidence to him and loved working the door with us 🙂.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
In all fairness, Winston is our third Boxer (fourth if you include one we temporarily homed) and is quite intelligent, with a brilliant temperament, this rocking horse has completely thrown him though :D

TiggerXFM

In all fairness, Winston is our third Boxer (fourth if you include one we temporarily homed) and is quite intelligent, with a brilliant temperament, this rocking horse has completely thrown him though :D
He'll be wondering where the holes are 😉

Total

Site Supporter
My Labrador/Alsatian cross was exactly the same and could get thrown by what seemed the daftest things sometimes....(y) .......Our Twins are exactly the same! LMAOOO:love::D:ROFLMAO:

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
During a blizzard yesterday my brave young sprocker went out in garden to see off a plastic plant pot that had blown off a stick (scarecrow).
A gust of wind blew it at him, he turned and legged it back in house and he spent rest of afternoon behind French doors keeping an eye on it with occasional growl in its direction.