Stuck pole sections

rob6709

Site Supporter
My 13m section is stuck inside my 14.5m section. I have a match tomorrow :ROFLMAO: When I say stuck inside I mean as the pole is when packed away.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Have you tried a towel on a hard floor and then hold the male end of the 14.5m section vertically and gently tap on the floor, make sure you hit the floor square to the section.

buygoodtackle

Pair of rubber gloves, stick your fingers into bottom of section and press outwards and rotate - may take a couple of goes but generally works.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Hot water on the outside section to release the inside stuck section due to expansion of the outer section?

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Dont put anything on it like water WD40 or any other liquid which will make it worse
Normally dropping it a few times vertically on to a hard flat surface from about a foot will dislodge it if not you need to drift it out with a round wooden peg from the other end but this risks damage to the male.

rob6709

Site Supporter
Sorted. I used totals method sort of lol. Got the 14.5m section from my spare pole, attached it to the stuck 13m, twisted it and pulled it free. I love daiwa poles ha ha.

Cheers for all the suggestions ?

Fred Davis

buy an expanding rubber pole bung insert expand it will grip the walls of the smaller section then pull out, problem sorted.