Strictly Come Dancing

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
I'm as unclear as most respondents on here as to exactly what the Op is trying to say . I happen to like strictly come dancing like millions of others I find it quite fun and entertaining in spite of the fact I have never danced any of the dances they feature on it . I have also never driven an F1 car ....never thrown myself off a diving board at a phenomenal height and plunged into water below after somersaulting several times . I've never thrown myself into the air spinning violently and tried to land accurately on a four inch beam .......... I cant remember hurtling down a track leaping over 3ft hurdles every ten metres and Ive never sat aboard a horse thundering round a track at 30 odd miles an hour leaping over fences nearly as high as my head but oddly enough I enjoy watching people do all those things on telly. With all that in mind the sentiment that "its not how I dance on a night out" being a primary reason to seem to despise an entertainment show so vehemently that it is described as "Cultural Marxist rubbish" ..... whatever that in fact means ........... has me completely and utterly baffled I admit.

Last edited:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I do my own 'research' too. What we have is finely tuned propaganda. I get that from watching how things have developed over the years in different countries including the Denazification era in Germany where you had films like this.

Compared to what we have now which is a continuation of what happened in Hollywood in the 1950s.

Being a good example.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
You are on the wrong website mate,this is Maggotdrowners and fishing,beer and pork pies are the priorities.
So stop the pretentious nonsense as it's not big or clever :p :p :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yeah point taken. I was drunk when I made the thread and then felt I'd just share some 'theories' that interest me to justify the 'cultural marxism' angle but they are a bit weird so apologies.

squimp

Site Supporter
If you gave up reading Adorno, Makow and their like; and instead read some decent fishing books it might benefit your fishing and save the rest of us having to put up with this drivel.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Please excuse my drunk moaning last night about these shows, like I say I don't bash people for watching them as my parents do, but don't watch them myself and don't watch telly anymore in general. It's all my parents and family watch along with soaps and dramas.

Cultural Marxism has been adopted as a catchphrase by the far right but to me that's not what it means and is what is actually going on our TVs. It's a combination of Marx and Freud/Jung and general cultural theory as started out by Frankfurt School philosophers like Adorno. :) (y)

WTF !

Pompous git

Site Supporter
If people have to look up `cultural Marxism` then it is too late, they have already succumbed.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Won't bang on about it as I know film noir is not that popular topic on here but they are imbedded with Freudian theories, loads written on it, my mate did his masters on it which is what got me off on that tangent. Just google Film Noir and Freud, loads of theory, and nothing to say you can't analyse modern TV through the same lens. Although it's just as likely to be just entertainment. (y)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Won't bang on about it as I know film noir is not that popular topic on here but they are imbedded with Freudian theories, loads written on it, my mate did his masters on it which is what got me off on that tangent. Just google Film Noir and Freud, loads of theory, and nothing to say you can't analyse modern TV through the same lens. Although it's just as likely to be just entertainment. (y)

dont fruedian theorys fantacise about doing your mum dog bolt ?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yeah the Oedipal Complex. Freud was a bit of a misogynist and thought that women had a deficient super ego. Jung thought the psyche was split into Anima/Animus or male and female parts as a gross simplification.