Stretton Lakes Oakham

Adders27

Anyone fished the lakes at Stretton Oakham ?
I’m having a few days near Rutland and fancy a couple of days fishing ( coarse )

Looking for easy access ideally parking near swim and reasonably quiet mid week ?

Chervil

Site Supporter
Adders, I cannot give that much information about Stretton as I have only fished the Lodge residents lake. Speaking to others there the match lake seems to produce a fair few fish and you should be able to park by your swim (unless the's a match on) As far as I'm aware you should be able to park close to your swim on the carp and silvers lakes, by the caravan park, But not 100%. You would have a short walk to the other lakes. there aren't any facilities.

Eye Kettleby is only about a 30 minute drive from there, have a search of that on here, it will throw up more of a response.

Adders27

I fished Stretton and it’s ok but this week I fished Eye Kettleby which is one of the nicest and well kept venues I’ve ever visited
Very busy but plenty of lakes so I fished lake 7 and had mostly skimmers and a nice roach.
Great venue highly recommend with nice facilities and if you have your other half there is the clubhouse to get tea / coffee etc

Rick123

Site Supporter
I fished Stretton and it’s ok but this week I fished Eye Kettleby which is one of the nicest and well kept venues I’ve ever visited
Very busy but plenty of lakes so I fished lake 7 and had mostly skimmers and a nice roach.
Great venue highly recommend with nice facilities and if you have your other half there is the clubhouse to get tea / coffee etc

How big did the roach go on 7 Adders. If you like the roach fishing number 1 has some better fish, up to a pound or so?