strange fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Catchpole

hi all went out to sevenoaks with Gary and Dai Fish yesterday, had a good day, dia had a nice carp, i ended up with six, lost loads, gary also had a good day landing some nice carp, but, we caught some strange fish, what do you think

this tench had almost no face, really blunt headed

and this carp that gary had, not only two tone but a very wierd shape altogether

but then also some lovely fish like these, nice one Dai

then this lovely long lean one later in the evening

cheers nick.

Gray

Edited by - gray catchpole on 18 June 2002 6:31:05 PM

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Gray and all

I spoke to the owner recently about the number of fish with lip deformaties etc, and it seems that thay had a lot of Carp from the Talygarn lakes, I think thay became unfishable due to the amount of silt, and I know that a lot of clubs were offered the water but none felt it viable, well aparently there were an awful lot of carp with mouth problems in these, the coarse lake has not been open all that long, we did talk about putting any carp that I caught with such problems in to the Trout lake where thay would not be fished for, June and Terry the owners do everything in thier power to ensure the well being of the fish in thier lakes, I for one am always stoped on my way out and asked what I have caught and if there were any problems with the fish.

Gray I was there again today and did as badly as yesterday (same swim) and the guy on the next peg (Gary's) was catching small carp and rudd all day just like Gary did yesterday

Dai Fish

MALC

I recon the Bull Nosed Tench is due to Dave (RED LEADER) going down with 500lb of groundbait on a previous visit and the Tench must have swam into it!!

But seriously some great pics of some nice fish.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com and take s from Dirk

Gray Catchpole

your right Dai, June and Terry(thats funny in reverse) do a great job, and nice folk too, its nice to go to a venue the owner greets you, but better still, they remember you name.

i pointed out on another site that alot of the lip damage(mainly in the carp) in my opinion is down to barbless hooks, i thought at first they where a great idea, my view has changed a bit though.

still, non of the fish seem to be hampered in any way on any of the lakes i fish, and in the main, all fish are healthy and put up a great show of themselves.

oh poo, ive lost myself now, never mind il remember tomorrow, perhaps :)

Gray

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice fish one and all,well done lads.
Gray,that last carp,looks as though it gave a great scrap,Looks in great condition and it's got a hell of a set of paddles on it!

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Gray Catchpole

it did Peter, they fight like hell at sevenoaks, that one was taken from under my feet, sorry to mention it again but it was dragonbats "stinko" that did it for me, i could see tails and swirls under me feet by the reeds, fish just getting there heads down on that bait, after Dai left Gary was fishing the same typ of method right in the bank but no luck, stinko did the job.

a big well done must go to gary though, he bought a 7m whip the other week, and i cut it back and put a no 10 elastic in it for him, and thats what he had the two tone on, calm and collected he was, i hate new anglers :D:D:D:D

Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.