Strange Days Indeed

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
It had finally come

I had to go into the town today for my second Covid jab,

discussed it with the wench and asked iffin she was doing or wanting any shopping, would she give me a lift up to the commercial hub whilst she done it

she said, Why didnt I get a Bus, ?

Get a Bus, bloody hell, the last time I done that had to be better part of forty years ago, Now shes a seasond bus w****er, being as she has a freebie pensioners ticket to ride, but me, No, I hadnt even thought of that option

out she digs her dog eared copy of the stagecoach timetable and proudly announces that theres two different buses and three differing times that on a saturday, would take me to a drop off point around 200 yard from my intended destination

I mused, then gave up any protest or begging for her to move her car and agreed to use the said multiple personage carriage, to which she then informed me that she would come too, to show me the ropes

twenty to three this after, I sitting at the bus stop with her, hoping no-one I knew would see me, awaiting the charabanc, which turned up damn near on the dot,

it turned out that the pocketful of change I had stashed was not needed, just a flash of the debit card to pay the fare, £1.80 later, we are a on the move and are pulling up at the bus station after a mere 10 mins travel

she dissapears off into the halls of mamon calling out instructions of where I am to rendezvous with her after my appointment

into the Covid hub, Im early but the very nice girl said it didnt matter, lurked a while on the dotted arrowed lines, then to the desk to give my consent and all the details etc that were required

off to get the jab, Male nurse this time, he was quite chatty and for some reason he started talkin fishing ???

thought to myself, thats strange, how did he know Im an angler, well we chatted about the canal of all places whilst Im getting the injection, a dab of alcohol on the stabbed spot and Im getting dressed and on my way, bidding thanks and farewell

found herself awaiting me in the intended spot and back on the bus returning home soon after, another £1,80 paid

indoors and attending to the poor abandoned dog whilst knocking up a coffee, and I mentioned to herself about the chat with the nurse and said I wonder how he knew, she tapped me on my chest, and intoned the quote "stupid man"

it was only then I realised I had a drennan polo shirt on, !!!!!!, doh

think I might use that bus option a tad more if i ever have call to go up there again, being as it would of cost me at least £3 to park the van (all roads around the area are pay and display) at least a quids worth of diesel and if I did manage to get a parking spot it would of probably been far further away from my destination than the bus stop was

Total

Site Supporter
Glad you've got all your jabs sorted now....(y).....Loved the tale of the Drennan shirt related thing, made this mush smile appropriately....:giggle:

Pompous git

Site Supporter
My eldest lives in Cheriton and she had to come to Ashford because of her age she had Phizer.

Used a bus twice last week {and a train}, first time for nearly two years.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
My eldest lives in Cheriton and she had to come to Ashford because of her age she had Phizer.

Used a bus twice last week {and a train}, first time for nearly two years.
two shots of Astra Zeneca for me (Im part firework now)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Part firework, ha ha.

Got a minute`s walk to the bus stop from my house bus every ten minutes to town {fifteen minutes} and go to the library.

It doesn`t get much cheaper. love my bus pass:)