Straightening Quivers - help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick2b

Anyone got any tips for straightening quivers. Took a made up rod out its sleeve (mosella shell case) yesterday to find the quiver had been bent over and has now got a droop! - and anyone got any good ideas to prevent it happening again.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've never seen that happen Nick.

The only tip of mine that droops slightly is the ultra-fine long Daiwa one with the red tip - and I think that's due to the weight of the tip ring and it isn't actually noticeable in use.

Only thing I could suggest would be take all the rings off and whip 'em back on on the opposite side - so the tip is drooping up, if that makes sense.
Over time it should go straight again.

Bit of a balls about though - probably easier to buy a new tip[:p]

Simon

Ben.M

For now I would put it somewhere tha the end is slightly bent upwards and leave it there but keep checking it and take it away when it is straight again and to prevent it from happening when using a made up rod in the case make the line a bit slack and take the quiver tip off and rest it beside a stronger part of the rod so that it cant bend again,

Ben.M

codenamemilo

Phone "Bob the rod" at fosters in Birmingham. If there is anything that can be done he will know.

Chavender

Steve
like ben says ,hold it in a vice with the curvature facing upwards ,tie some old line too the end eye .then add shot too the line so it pulls it downwards and slightly past the level point (to allow for rebound) .and leave over night ,check by removing the shot ,if theres still some curve re-apply the weight but only take too the level point ,on the second application .

petert

When I put my two piece rod away in my madeup rod bag I always put a rod band at each end and in the middle.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Warm it gently with a hairdryer and straighten and hold while it cools.

nick2b

Thanks guys, I'm going to try these out.
Of course the other option is to stop fishing for daft carp on silly made up rods and getting back to something that takes a degree of effort!

Genus9

The only ones on My ready made rods that droop are the very light ones but I've solved it now,

I used to get them out of the bag and they can tend to bend slightly to the right or left and I just use them as normal and by the end of the day they straighten back up,

I use the Preston jobbies that secures the butt with a sock like item and has a draw string to tighten and at the pointy end is another sock that slides over around 8inches of the rod that is secured by velcro,

I also use a velcro band in the middle to stop the sections moving,

But I also leave the line a bit loose so there's no pressure on the tip leaving it to sit straight.

They come in a pack

matchstickman25

sometimes happens when rods are left set up on the croosts in a match forexample whilst under tension with a bend in their tip. however most quiver tips bend will pull out after a short while in use. vfine daiwa tips will bend for any e4xcuse and stay bent! twits.

Status
Not open for further replies.