Stowe Pool - Lichfield

Goughybagsup1

Well gentlemen I can confirm that the rumours were correct Stowe Pool is indeed the venue used for today's virtual fishing match and what a performance from all involved. Leader table as below!

1st - Dave Hinton - 19lb
2nd - Andy Wheeler - 18lb
3rd - Trevor B - 13lb
3rd - Jamie Tarplee - 13lb
4th - Paul Chapman - 12lb
5th - Robbo - 11lb
6th - Martin Seal - 10lb

Well done to all who framed !!

Trevor B

Site Supporter
Stunning venue ! One of the best natural fishing waters in the Lichfield postcode . Thanks to Goughy for organising and to all anglers who put themselves through their virtual paces . Tight ( virtual ) lines .

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Well gentlemen I can confirm that the rumours were correct Stowe Pool is indeed the venue used for today's virtual fishing match and what a performance from all involved. Leader table as below!

1st - Dave Hinton - 19lb
2nd - Andy Wheeler - 18lb
3rd - Trevor B - 13lb
3rd - Jamie Tarplee - 13lb
4th - Paul Chapman - 12lb
5th - Robbo - 11lb
6th - Martin Seal - 10lb

Well done to all who framed !!
What about a Maggots team against the Stowe Masiff

Goughybagsup1

Well with the lockdown rules slowly being relaxed I've been able to get back out on Stowe pool just a couple of times. First visit resulted in just 1 bream 3rd chuck from the boathouse pegs and the second was with Mr Tarplee and that session resulted in 3 bream, a few roach and a few perch for me and just a few perch for Jamie.
The place is slowly starting to wake up and I'm hopeful that those shoals of roach and skimmers could get there heads down on some bait soon enough.
Theres a tinge of colour starting to appear in the water from the annual algae bloom on the tiles so hopefully this will continue with the plant life being few and far between on Stowe the algae bloom is really important for the underwater life and to put that nice brown green tinge in the water.
Off down there again this morning to predominantly to fish the slider and test it a new supera rod I've bought. I've also bought some new Exner sliders from Midland Angling Supplies Phil Ackerly and what a gem they are. I intend to do a few reviews on some of the mas product range when the fishing picks up a bit and gives me chance to put them through their paces. Hopefully that shouldnt be too long now. So I'll leave you wall with a few photos of the recent bream stamp on Stowe. They are coming on nicely with carpers banging in pellets on spods on a daily basis.
20200517_134837.jpg 20200517_104052.jpg 20200517_104025.jpg

Goughybagsup1

Well with the weather taking a turn this last few days the pressure dropping fast I cant help feeling I'm missing some super sport on Stowe this week! If down there Sunday to see if theres some fish feeding I would imagine the roach are having a munch now with this low pressure.
Much needed rain and low pressure should set us up nicely for sunday !!

Goughybagsup1

Well the first round of the poundlander league was heart break hotel for me, probably the most frustrating weedy and windy canal I've ever fished and with 3lb winning the match I'm totally ok that I finished up with a DNW and chucked back about a pound of fish. It's all stops out from here as we only have 5 matches and can drop just 1 this year due to the lockdown. So 4 results are required and matches remaining are Stowe next month, the river trent, rugely road pools, and coppice lane.
So all that said I'm off to Stowe tomorrow to get my head down and figure a few things out about our home venue in 2020 it seems the fishing has changed somewhat from last year where the winning weights were all feeder and waggler caught roach I feel the bream at 3lb plus have now come into play. The question is will they continue to feed and how will the winner need to catch them. For me it's either the tip or the wag either way there will be a good mix of people fishing both methods.
Cant wait !
Peace out !

T K

Bum Draw Master
Just found this in a book in my archives.... tbh I thought it was a lot longer than 9 years since my last outing on Stowie 🤔🤔🤔 IMG_20200827_114954.jpg

T K

Bum Draw Master
Perhaps there's someone from the anti fishing brigade at work here, deliberately trying to be obstructive and introducing prohibitive prices to deter anglers 🤔🤔🤔