Stove?

sapperrich

Hi all, can anyone recommend a light weight single burner stove for night fishing sessions? Cheers guys.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I use one of these. £10 from Home Bargains or similar shop. The gas is £4 for a pack of 4 and lasts a fair bit.

1565097892015.png

lp1886

I bought a stove from B&M. It was about £10, and I think I got another 4 gas canisters for another tenner. I don’t use it for fishing, but it gets used during visits to the park. Perfect for knocking up bacon sarnies whilst the kids are running around ??

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Got wunno they... does the job fine

Robbie888

Primus Easy Fuel 2 gas stove has been superb for me works well all year round and packs down to next to nothing about £55 from England Angling.

PureGenius

With regards to the above Go Outdoors type stove and in particular, the gas canisters that you buy to use with it...
They are useless in colder weather as the gas does not burn correctly. I've even had to take the canister out and stick it up my hoodie for half hour to warm the gas up.

Mum n Dad got me this for Crimbo last year, only used it the once so far but i'm impressed, nice fresh brew, none of that tea out of a flask anymore. and it all packs into the pot, including the gas canister.

Tin of gas was 4.95 from Go Outdoors but its a mix of Isobutane & Propane and does not have the cold weather issue.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I use one of these. £10 from Home Bargains or similar shop. The gas is £4 for a pack of 4 and lasts a fair bit.

1565097892015.png

Yep, got the same, and used it on 10 MD's Fish-Ins.
Use it in the boot of an estate car.

A bacon & egg butty by the lake at 5am, after a good session the night before ...
Nothing ever tasted more wonderful! :love:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Yep, got the same, and used it on 10 MD's Fish-Ins.
Use it in the boot of an estate car.

A bacon & egg butty by the lake at 5am, after a good session the night before ...
Nothing ever tasted more wonderful! :love:

Yep, couldn't agree more. :D

IanG1

Site Supporter

1565097892015.png
I cook my hemp on one of these in the garage as her indoors moans it stinks out the house lol.

Somersetlad

Coleman Sportster, or a Coleman Peak one , runs on unleaded petrol, and works no matter how cold it is. Or for the more traditional angler - A Kelly Kettle, burns leaves, twigs and whatever else you can find.

1565111733350.jpeg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got one of these as recommended by @dumdum

I've also converted it to run off a small Propane bottle rather than the gas canisters and it works brilliantly on the bank and at work when knocking up a onsite brekky, especially in winter

Lachojski

You won’t go far wrong with the bulin pal.and for £20 it’s a bargain.i had one of those camping stove that been mentioned and nearly set my bivvy on fire.
Trakker put there name on the bulin and charge about £40 for it.

rudd

Site Supporter
Like Arch I use a jet boil, good for making brews and can be cooked on.

Also have one of these that I use with a medium size gas bottle in conjunction with the jetboil.

and still have one of these that runs on unleaded petrol and works all year round

I use jetboils own gas that works all year round. Will use cheaper ones in warmer months.
Always try to use medium sized bottle for value unless out biking/walikg where the small canister inside jet boil is used.

spittlebug

Hi, Bulin T4 prob most popular stove with Carp Anglers (well most recommended on Carp Forums).
Look on Amazon, few quid over £20 normally.
Works well in Winter as well, as it as Pre Heater Tube.
Will burn liquid gas, till nothing left in canister.
Can get adapter to use those Butane cylindrical Canisters.
Can get adapter to fill normal canisters, from a large Propane bottle.
My Coleman Sportster now don't get used.

Trangia are good too.

Be careful with those briefcase stoves, been a few big accidents with them.

Bob

spittlebug

Hi, bit more details.
Be careful with those briefcase stoves, been a few big accidents with them.
OTOH its how Butane canister is designed, it as a tube that runs down middle of cylinder, which as a right angle at end, which goes to side of cylinder.
Thats why you have to have cylinder installed right way, then it burns gas from top.
Some have managed to get them fitted so end of pipe isn't at top (whatever, end of tube is in liquid gas). Then liquid gas goes through, then BOOOSH.
Bivvies on fire, one lad kicked it out, went under is pod with top end stuff on it, few grand of stuff lost.

spittlebug

Hi, this is Bulin T4, rebadged by Trakker.

Trakker Armolife CG-3 Stove | Angling Direct

You can see Pre Heater Tube in picture.
Even if i didn't fish for Pike in winter, still wouldn't buy a stove, that didn't have a Pre Heater Tube on it.
Get to use every gramme of Gas.
Mind if you refill cannisters yourself, its very cheap anyway.
Bob