Storing Hooklengths

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
What do you use to store hooklengths that you have made up but not yet attatched to rigs? as I can't find anything apart from wallets that will surely tangle your hooklengths

Beebs

Gardener tackle do a good rig bin for about a fiver. Good for all kinds of hook lengths.

baz.thornton

Daiwa used to make a hooklength storer. It was a disc that stored about 50 hooklengths on each disc and they were colour coded. I think they are still available but check at your local tackle shop

Caught on a Pork Chop on a 22

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I use both rig bins and the diawa spool system. The big rig bin stores my pike traces. Carp and barbel hook lengths are stored in the smaller version of the rig bin.
The hook lengths used for general fishing 16's and smaller go on to the diawa spools.

chill out go fishing

carpbob3

i nicked some thread cards out of our lasses sewing box it has a punched hole in it which i put the hook into then i just wind the line around the card at the top there is a little nick in the card which i put the end of the line through to keep it all in place

if your not fishing your not living

cavie

I use the little paper wallets [like the one pre tied hooks come in]to store up to size 16, anything bigger I use a legnht of cork flooring and use large plastic headed drawing pins at either end to keep them in place

cavieeeee

mike s

Sensas, Colmic & Tubertini all do a similar style wallet using corrugated plastic cards which are v good( 2sizes-4" &6").
Milo do several sizes with pegs for the loop & foam for the hook, but the glue holding the foam on lets it "creep" due to hooklength tension in hot weather!

Cumbria Angling Centre

rob27

peg nine
Thanks everyone,
The Milo one is the type i'm looking for, but can't seem to find it anywhere - anyone know where to get one and how much they cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.