Storing Feeders?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
How do you store yours?

I've got one tray in my seat box that house a growing collection of feeders. Gone are the days when one feeder fit all so you used to carry just a couple, a maggot feeder and a cage feeder. Nowadays there's different types for different conditions, baits, fish, and a myriad of weights to choose from; you name it.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
some of my most used in draw others in a plastic box (2.50 from home bargains)
Hybrid feeders can nearly replace - banjo / method and pellet feeder I find myself using these a lot these days.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have a large tub full, but I carry a few spares in my carry-all. In there I have 4 open end cage feeders (various weights), 4 maggot feeders and 6 method feeders (2 each of 15g, 20g, 25g). I alter them round though with those in the tub to suit where I'm going. The feeders in the tub range from 10g to 4oz.

Last edited:

rudd

Site Supporter
How do you store yours?

I've got one tray in my seat box that house a growing collection of feeders. Gone are the days when one feeder fit all so you used to carry just a couple, a maggot feeder and a cage feeder. Nowadays there's different types for different conditions, baits, fish, and a myriad of weights to choose from; you name it.
In old wash bags

Paul22

I’ve got a flat hobby box a bit like the old Stewart boxes ( if anyone remembers these)
It’s got dividers in it so I can keep the different feeders separate for easy pickings 🐟

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I use the clear plastic storage tubs, with a good lid on, one tub with window feeders, one tub with distance cagefeeders, the one tub with small light cage feeders, job done👍

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My ones for the river stay in a tupperware box in my rucksack. Ones for lakes I have a few in a seatbox drawer and the rest in tupperware in the base of the box.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Carry all my feeders and leads in pouches such as below and look out for deals (still using Badger ones that are 12 years old :) )
One with river feeders and leads,one with an assortment of carp finned,method and leads etc
Whichever style of fishing I do the pouches not needed will go into the basket in the car along with spare items of tackle and bait (bags of pellets,groundbait,meat corn etc) - have pouches with Pike/Zander end tackle as well.
Although I tend to go spur of the moment these days I will know which pouch is in the rucksack and as soon as I open the car boot I can see what others I might need. No hardship walking back to the car when on a still but a painful mistake if on the river.

1566977980037.png

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I have a small pouch with a few cage, blockend, and hybrid feeders... only a few of each with a few bombs and a ball of plasticine... small is good

Neskin

Zip up lead pouch that goes into the side pocket of my roving bag, keep all my bombs and feeders in there.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
FR was selling off Matrix see through small Hooklength Cases for a great price so I bought 5 of them. I collected empty white milk plastic bottles (usual type) cleaned and took off the top so they were just shy of the depth of the case, 10x10x10cm.. Two lay inside, side by side giving partitions for feeder storage.The clear lid closed stops them jumping out and a visual on whats in there. Also easily cleaned. Having one for , method types, cage types, maggot types, open end types, distance types, etc. Just take what type case needed for what feeder needed for venue. No need to lump a large tool box of all feeders to every venue , as I once did.

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
Guru one out next month I believe, probably cost 4x times as much as the original one from B & Q they have modelled it off, I use EVA reel cases, one for each type .

davepellet

a selection of the most used patterns & sizes in a reel case that's always in my carryall
then a section of my base unit has more of the same & some additional patterns
then I've got a drawer in my storage units in me shed at home stuffed full of em

Simon R

Site Supporter
Keep mine in one of these.
Those are spot on I've got one that I use for all my pole rig making - unlike a lot of hobby boxes the fixed dividers are far enough apart so you can fit spools of line in - they do different sizes too - there's a bigger one (24"?) I was looking at in my local store recently.

Simon

Total

Site Supporter
A small varied collection for the day ahead live in one of my Boss box drawers, the rest/replacements in a reel case in the base unit and topped up as needed from home.