Stop watch or other when feeder fishing

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I used to use my watch but found I kept forgetting the time I cast in. It has helped me since I got a stopwatch. In the summer I recast every five minutes but I’ve found 15 minutes is about right on our lakes in winter.

BURNING

I aint taking my vintage wristwatches anywhere near the water

if I wanted a cheap waterproof wristwatch with a stopwatch built in, I'd use casio illuminator F105-1A

casio 5600 gshocks are also quite nice, or the baby g 560 variant if you hate how large gshocks are

Rick123

Site Supporter
I thought it was a bit OTT however, always prepared to try something new.

Foul hooked

Why use a watch at all, I sling in light a fag then sling in again when its finished. repeat till the fish arrive🚭
Know i know why Ivan Marks was a chain smoker. For me it tends to be a case of no bites until i try to light one (or pour a coffee). Lost count of the number of lighters i have dropped into the cut when trying to spark up in the wind only for the float to disappear or tip to go round just as flame reaches fag.:smoke:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Know i know why Ivan Marks was a chain smoker. For me it tends to be a case of no bites until i try to light one (or pour a coffee). Lost count of the number of lighters i have dropped into the cut when trying to spark up in the wind only for the float to disappear or tip to go round just as flame reaches fag.:smoke:
One match last year, I chucked the hybrid out, turned around to set the stopwatch, and the tip was bent round double , landed fish , chucked back out,expecting the same, and it never moved for 20 minutes 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Gordy

I always used to use a stopwatch to time how long it took a feeder to empty (from a tank test) and recast after that time but now on particular venues I use it to build up a picture of when I should be getting bites.