Stop watch or other when feeder fishing

Total

Site Supporter
To the OP....I also use a stopwatch/watch to coordinate what the bite times my immediate anglers are to compared to my bite times to see if a pattern emerges to help me make tactical decisions to improve my catch/results etc....

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Got to be 'Zoom' Mick,.....'Skype' is soooooo yesterday!:oops:
Hey, you’re talking to someone who has their internet delivered by a horse and cart every fortnight here. We ain’t got Skype yet. I thought I was being trendy. ☹️☹️

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
To the OP....I also use a stopwatch/watch to coordinate what the bite times my immediate anglers are to compared to my bite times to see if a pattern emerges to help me make tactical decisions to improve my catch/results etc....
You’d need a stopwatch with months on if you were watching our Nicky. 🤣🤣. I’m in for such a good hiding. 😳

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Never used stopwatch before on the River, did it today as i always use when commercial fishing, each bite was between 6-7 minutes. Had 6 bites 5 fish and exactly the same time. Interesting.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Why bother with a stopwatch?

Why not have a cooking timer?

At least the alarm bell will take our minds off of the swisssh... zeeee...splosh..beep beep.

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
I use a stopwatch always when feeder fishing since seeing a Steve Ringer video six or seven years ago.

On stillwaters I'd be lost without one now as I find it a great discipline, especially as I am useless at guessing times! I do find that a pattern often does develop in bite times. However the stopwatch is purely a guide as instinct, observation and line bites all go into the mix.

On river I find it less important but do still use one at times.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Saw Des Shipp master class on method feeder using a stopwatch and I’ve been doing the same ever since - works for me so I’m sticking with it

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've ordered a stopwatch off ebay so it will be interesting to try and hopefully will get more use than the clicker I bought! I find though I am not bad at estimating the time of casts, at least I think so, and usually like to read the peg as to how often I should recast.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I've ordered a stopwatch off ebay so it will be interesting to try and hopefully will get more use than the clicker I bought! I find though I am not bad at estimating the time of casts, at least I think so, and usually like to read the peg as to how often I should recast.
I reckon you are in for a shock. I thought I was good at guesstimating time. I was miles out. 🙄

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I reckon you are in for a shock. I thought I was good at guesstimating time. I was miles out. 🙄

Last time I went feeder fishing I had 4 fish the whole day, so checking the time on my phone, it must be half 2... checks phone and it's half 3... so potentially a useful addition. (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Last time I went feeder fishing I had 4 fish the whole day, so checking the time on my phone, it must be half 2... checks phone and it's half 3... so potentially a useful addition. (y)
What ya think pal ? Niiiiiiiiiice. 🤣🤣 1DA8EF61-3E42-4763-BB48-6BAAEAB96FF5.png 1DA8EF61-3E42-4763-BB48-6BAAEAB96FF5.png