Stop pop ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
when on the internet I keep getting messages appearing in boxes popping up now and then saying things like get paid to take part in surveys. I downloaded a program think it was called surfpal to block pop up windows and although it stops other adverts from sites popping up it doesn't stop these messages in their big grey boxes. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

ja4146

'ha ha!'
have a look in the freebie section of the forums near the bottom of the list. there should be a link in one of the posts called popup stopper you might be able to use. if not you could buy norton internet security this includes a firewll to stop hackers, popup stopper and antivirus software. I have this at home it is very good!

hope this helps.

jea13

Go fishing catch fish!!

Last edited:

Lid

One annoying thing about pop-up stoppers is that on many web-sites a link behaves like a pop-up so you have to remember to try the allow the pop-up override button for these kinds of 'links' to work. Can get irritating.

Lid [:)]

Larry

Lazarus
I installed a one but decide against using after a while it became a pain the a--e
Having to keep clicking the overide my web site uses the pop up system for new web sites.

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Status
Not open for further replies.