Stonfo Levapiombo

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My thoughts behind having all but one shot only one side of the waggler float are that's the bit that dangles down towards the hook.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
My thoughts behind having all but one shot only one side of the waggler float are that's the bit that dangles down towards the hook.
I've always locked my wagglers with one shot above the float adapter and the rest below. However as a lot of my AAA and SSG shot are getting on a bit now and I have "worn " them in, I find I have to use a smaller shot on the outsides to stop them slipping on the line. I could always use float stops but prefer to use them with loaded wagglers.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
It worked! But crushed the shot a little bit, probably a knack to it... :unsure:
I use one of these specifically for number 6, 8 shot. I found when squeezing them on with my fingers they would often come off the line when landing a few decent sized fish. Not so much of an issue anymore.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I remember the day well. I checked the river levels and it said 1.5m+. Great I thought, that means the river is 1.5m deep. Low and clear I thought. :LOL:Got there and only about one peg available due to the swollen river. 6g Chubber float. I hate to think what 8g with shot would look like. Olivettes for next season I think. (y) It cast well though. :LOL:

Total

Site Supporter
It worked! But crushed the shot a little bit, probably a knack to it... :unsure:
There is a knack to it, but damaging a no 8 shot beyond reuse is not a problem providing you have not damaged the mono mainline/hook length line in the process....(y)

PBest78

I struggle sometimes even with big shot to get them off the line on the bank, often just cutting the line at the end of a session and doing it at home, so I want one of these to help me get shot off the line. I want it mostly for removing big locking shot off the line. Are they any good and should I buy the small or large size for what I want? Cheers.
I use Cresta shot pliers, they seem to work with any size.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210527-075802_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210527-075802_eBay.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 5

Blanks

Site Supporter
I would be lost without my levapiombo thingy ( shot remover) use it at least once every time I fish.
Those big AAA and swans are better if you thread a bit of silicon tube on the line then add the shot.
On a wag one shot above the float and the rest below leaving a gap 15mm for the float to adjust itself on casting.