Stonfo Hook Tyer

alanwickers

I'm a bit anal with my hook tying as I'm sure a lot of the fellas are on this site. Pull both ends at the same time is the main thing in my experience, this definitely helps. If you pull one and then the other you can easily get line damage. I use a little blob of cooking oil (don't laugh) as I'm pulling through and I find that's better than spit. Works for me...

Gaz-J

I'm a bit anal with my hook tying as I'm sure a lot of the fellas are on this site. Pull both ends at the same time is the main thing in my experience, this definitely helps. If you pull one and then the other you can easily get line damage. I use a little blob of cooking oil (don't laugh) as I'm pulling through and I find that's better than spit. Works for me...
Will give it a try thanks mate

Gaz-J

Have bought a new Matchman tyer and new line and still getting the same issue. Tried all of the above too. Does anyone have a link to a video which may show what I am doing wrong!!!!!

PAB

Site Supporter
Cant say that I have ever had that problem to tight? to loose? try doing both in turn both with plenty of spit.