Stonfo Dosapiombo Pole float shotter

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Thankfully life is a lot simpler on the rivers. Should I use 2lb Maxima or should I use 2.5lb Maxima, should I leave an inch out or should I dot it down to half an inch ???? Decisions, decisions....... 🤷‍♂️ 🤯
It’s just as simple on commercials mate, people just like to complicate it more , don’t get me wrong I won’t keep things simple just for the sake of it, but you really don’t need to over complicate the things that are actually simple 😂😂😂

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Each individual batch of pellets, maggots, etc are different, do people put a maggot on to the dosompiombo ?? Also one brand of line might weigh slightly heavier, I think we should have a thread about the weight of each brand of line, hook, pellet, shot, maggot etc 😂😂
Just to add to this, some maggots may be bigger or smaller, which in turn could make castors different sizes/wieghts as well. Just saying like..:whistle::LOL:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
It’s just as simple on commercials mate, people just like to complicate it more , don’t get me wrong I won’t keep things simple just for the sake of it, but you really don’t need to over complicate the things that are actually simple 😂😂😂
Says the fella with about 20 topkits on a roost :ROFLMAO:

JayBee

Site Supporter
Does anybody else carry a set of digital scales in the carryall for weighing their bait 🤣🤣🤣😉
You're being silly now!, the obious answer is to wiegh your hookbaits at home, so you can leave the scales at home.
A selection of 13 stotz cut in half will account for any minor variation!.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
You're being silly now!, the obious answer is to wiegh your hookbaits at home, so you can leave the scales at home.
A selection of 13 stotz cut in half will account for any minor variation!.
And label each maggot and write down its weight 👍👍

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
With all this technical thinking you do Dave .... why is it you struggle to catch out of peg 1 at Alders ? Asking for a friend. 🤣🤣🤣
Now which peg one would that be...

Pines ? > Maybe because I've never drawn it :p
Oaks ? > Never had an issue out of the peg, caught some nice weights and some real munters ;)
Ash ? > Only drawn it once in all the time I've fished the place :unsure:

Perhaps it's time to ask your friend where their source of information is coming from because there appears to be a Mole in the camp :D

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Now which peg one would that be...

Pines ? > Maybe because I've never drawn it :p
Oaks ? > Never had an issue out of the peg, caught some nice weights and some real munters ;)
Ash ? > Only drawn it once in all the time I've fished the place :unsure:

Perhaps it's time to ask your friend where their source of information is coming from because there appears to be a Mole in the camp :D
Was it peg 1 or peg 3 at Alders you struggle with ? Don’t know. Ask Peter. 🤣🤣🤣

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Does anyone measure each of their stotz with a micrometer, and weigh each individual one ?? What’s the lightest weight bait band on the market???

Last edited: