Stonfo Dosapiombo Pole float shotter

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do you calculate the weight of the hook in your shotting patterns? I mean what happens if you change from a 18 to a 16 on the day, how would it affect ready shotted rigs :D ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I never hardly put my floats in water to test them, unless they are new to me, then I only test one ...they’ll all be the same main shotting pattern , only trimmers will vary , and I do that on the bank anyway 🤷‍♂️
That’s what I do pal. I’ve been around a long time and my guesstimates now are pretty damn accurate but, I do appreciate that some anglers on here require things like float tubes etc.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Do you calculate the weight of the hook in your shotting patterns? I mean what happens if you change from a 18 to a 16 on the day, how would it affect ready shotted rigs :D ?
You just concentrate on remembering your day ticket money you. 🤣🤣🤣

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I think it's a fair point, heavier guage wire etc. besides, there's also the weight of the bait. A piece of pork pie wil be heavier than a single maggot. 😬

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
i allow for hook baits i.e. hard pellets but not hooks, i do not use B&J anymore or teh wire stem/wire bristles floats lol

Same as i would struggle in winter putting on loads of shots and especially tiny ones hence why i shot at home and trim up, each to their own as always

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Does anybody weigh each individual baits , and equate that into the shotting pattern ??

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Does anybody weigh each individual baits , and equate that into the shotting pattern ??
I haven't done so with baits as I generally use 4mm pellets most of the time which equate to a no9 Stotz when fished 1inch off the deck.
However I have found different line diameters affect the final shotting, even more so when depth is greater than 4ft.

:tongue:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I haven't done so with baits as I generally use 4mm pellets most of the time which equate to a no9 Stotz when fished 1inch off the deck.
However I have found different line diameters affect the final shotting, even more so when depth is greater than 4ft.

Lolling

almost "Zerkalo" like ;)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Only up off the deck rigs ,and for size of pellets for myself ,some rigs for 8 or 10 mm some 4 or 6

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Each individual batch of pellets, maggots, etc are different, do people put a maggot on to the dosompiombo ?? Also one brand of line might weigh slightly heavier, I think we should have a thread about the weight of each brand of line, hook, pellet, shot, maggot etc 😂😂

tipitinmick

Site Supporter

With all this technical thinking you do Dave .... why is it you struggle to catch out of peg 1 at Alders ? Asking for a friend. 🤣🤣🤣

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
Each individual batch of pellets, maggots, etc are different, do people put a maggot on to the dosompiombo ?? Also one brand of line might weigh slightly heavier, I think we should have a thread about the weight of each brand of line, hook, pellet, shot, maggot etc 😂😂
Thankfully life is a lot simpler on the rivers. Should I use 2lb Maxima or should I use 2.5lb Maxima, should I leave an inch out or should I dot it down to half an inch ???? Decisions, decisions....... 🤷‍♂️ 🤯