Stoney and friends Pike fish in - Feb 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris63

Thanks to RMC's generosity, both Wraysbury ONE and TWO will be available for the next Stoney and Friends fish-in.

Application forms are available at www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

As per last year, demand is expected to be high, especially with both lakes available, so get your applications in as soon as possible.

Allocation of lakes will be on a first come first served basis.

There will be the usual Stoneyandfriends raffle at 16.30 to round off the event, hopefully with ridiculous amounts of prizes to be won, thanks to all the generous sponsors of these events.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Chris

Catch ya soon

chris63

No the Xmas and New Year festivities are over, don't forget to get you applications off for this not to be missed event.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Chris

Catch ya soon

Lid

Hi All

Are these the lakes near Staines? If so that's petty close for me and so I'd love to have a go at piking, but will need some guidance. Is anyone going who can give me advice on the day? [?][?][?]

I've only ever spun for pike in the Sweden in 1975 when I was a lad. We caught pike and cod in the same place!!!

I've got an 11' carp rod and another 11' spinning rod. I've got reels, 12 lbs line, some semi barbed traces, and a few pike floats, but I haven't got any form of bite indicators for legering deadbaits. What should I get - and I don't want to spend a fortune?

Is there a type of indicator set up I can get which can be used for both pike and carp? Do I need a some sort of pod too? [8D]

Thanks

Leighton

Lid

Thanks Dave. I just read it this afternoon at work in my otherwise hectic routine of internet searches.

Last edited:

chris63

Leighton

There will be plenty of Anglers there with experience who I'm sure will be more than happy to give any help/advice you require. When you send in the application form, put a brief note on it to the effect that you would like to fish near an experienced and helpful pike angler and we'll make sure we sort something out for you.

And yes, Wraysbury lakes are very close to Staines (just over the M25 in fact).

Hope to see you there.

Chris

Catch ya soon

chris63

Finkelbunt

Applications for the event will be accepted up to a few days before the event, or until the event is sold out. The latter is unlikely due to the number of swims available on the two lakes, but if we can get a sell out we will be over the moon.

Hope you can make it, and try and bring a few mates with you.

Regards

Chris

Catch ya soon

chris63

Tickets are still available for anyone interested at www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Hope to see some more of you there.

Chris

Catch ya soon

chris63

For some unexplained reason, take up for this years event is well down on previous years, despite us now having both Wraysbury lakes available.
If you are intending to come, could you get your apps in asap, and let me know on here.

Thanks

Chris

Catch ya soon

chris63

Just to let you all know, we are up to 50 anglers at present. Wraysbury Two can take over 60 anglers, and Wraysbury One is even bigger!!!

We are now less than three weeks away, and would love to have over 100 anglers there so if anyone has been thinking about it, but hasn't sent there form in yet, it's not to late, and don't forget to drag your mates along to.

Just to remind you, application forms can be downloaded at www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk - just click on the Pike on the front page.

Chris
Stoneyandfriends.

Catch ya soon

Lid

Chris
I'm thinking of sending in my application for this, even though I haven't sorted out me some proper piking kit yet. Which lake should I choose on the application form?
Thanks.

Lid

chris63

Lid

Probably best to go for Wraysbury Two. Easier swim access.

Regards

Chris

Catch ya soon

michaeltakeit

Hi all,
would any of you fellow anglers have any objections to me bringing down to this fish in some items of pike equipment for sale, ie plugs, spoons, lures, rigs, booms, stops, this isn,t for certain as yet but just a thought, i normally sell on EBAY, i would appreciate all response to this, prices are at trade price,

i,m looking foreward to fishing this, on what sounds like a good venue.

MICK

RoyC

Hi Chris
I am sending my application in tomorrow morning
See you there

Roy (He Who Dare,s Go,s Fishing)

chris63

Just to let you all know that 80 tickets have now been sold. We believe over the two lakes there are at least 150 swims, leaving the potential for another 50 people to join us.

In view of the fact that it's less than two weeks away, please remind anyone who you know that might be interested in the event, and get them to send their applications in asap.

Thanks

Chris
Stoneyandfriends

Catch ya soon

chris63

Less than one week to go, but we still have some tickets left if anyone is interested.

Chris
Stoneyandfriends

Catch ya soon

Status
Not open for further replies.