Stokesley AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon R

Site Supporter
We're a smallish club based in North Yorkshire / Teesside and will be taking applications for new members from February 1st 2006.

Subscription prices haven't changed from last year - it's still 25 for adults and 10 for OAPs/children (+10 joining fee for the first year)
Application forms are available from most of the local tackle shops

We have the fishing rights on three stillwaters and two stretchs of river.

Tontine Lake - speciman carp and pike, tench (to 6lb 4oz (sorry Darren[:I]) - see new pic below), bream (to 8lb 12oz), roach and perch.

Datafile2.jpg
Datafile5.jpg

Mount Lodge Pond - carp, bream, roach and gudgeon.

Datafile5.jpg

Stony Lane Pond - carp, roach, chub, ide and tench.
Datafile3.jpg

Stony Lane restocked 23rd October 2003
530+ 6-8oz mirror and common carp

All these ponds are within half a mile of each other, just off the A19, 15 miles south of Middlesbrough (or 10 miles north of Thirsk) so you could probably fish all three in a day!

We also have
River Swale at Catterick - half a mile - grayling, chub, barbel and trout.
Datafile2.jpg
River Ure at Spennithorne -half a mile - grayling, chub, trout, perch and pike.
Datafile2.jpg

We have regular matches held both on our own waters and local commercial fisheries.

If you need any more information check out our website at http://groups.msn.com/StokesleyAC

Tight Lines

Simon

Last edited:

Simon R

Site Supporter
Your wish is my command Darren[:D][:D]

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter
Here's some photos of recent catches from Mount Lodge

Ashley's bream catch from May 2nd:

And the first of the skimmers he caught last Sunday (9th May)

Due to a problem with cars being broken into at Stokesley Sports Club we've moved the next monthly meeting to the Miners Arms at Swainby (the 'top' house)

Don't forget the first match of the season is next Wednesday evening (19th May) at Dromonby Farm.

Tight Lines

Simon

rigger

At last after a number of blank sessions me and my brother have had a carp out each with new pb's (not huge but happy for a first years serious carping) - just like to say thanx for the help various people have given us on here in trying to open our account at tontine.

mine at 17lb

19lb

Simon R

Site Supporter
This seasons match results to date:

June 5th 2005 Early Morning Cup Brafferton F1 Lake
1st Josh Newton 10lb 7oz Peg 1
2nd Simon Robson 6lb 9oz Peg 5
3rd Pete Samson 2lb 15oz Peg 3

June 17th 2005 Moonlighters Trophy Tontine Lake
1st Simon Robson 7.5oz Peg 14
2nd Trevor Page 5.0oz Peg 1

July 10th 2005 Hutchinson Rose Bowl Tontine Lake
1st Simon Robson 11oz Peg 17
2nd Chris Beck 9.5oz Peg 8
3rd Trevor Page 1oz Peg 16

July 15th 2005 Hall Cup Dromonby Farm (small pond)
1st John Micklewright 23lb 0oz Peg 9
2nd Josh Newton 10lb 8oz Peg 1
3rd Kev Stiff 9lb 9oz Peg 5

July 24th 2005 Bob Taylor Memorial Cup Brafferton Ghost Lake
1st Josh Newton 30lb 14oz Peg 12
2nd Peter Mannion 10lb 0oz Peg 10
3rd Guy Richardson 8lb 1oz Peg 2

August 7th 2005 Mike Winney Mem.Trophy Dromonby Farm (small pond)
1st Guy Richardson 28lb 5oz Peg 9
2nd Pat Sharkey 18lb 4oz Peg 3
3rd Kev Stiff 15lb 6oz Peg 6

August 12th 2005 Laidler Steels Trophy Tontine Lake
1st Dean Smith 16lb 11oz Peg 1
2nd Tony Storer 14lb 0.5oz Peg 18

August 21st 2005 Tontine Cup Tontine Lake
1st Kev Stiff 1lb 2oz Peg 15
2nd Dave Lowther 0lb 11oz Peg 6
3rd Trevor Page 0lb 9oz Peg 16

August 28th 2005 Golden Jubilee Trophy Mount Lodge Farm Pond
1st Kev Stiff 1lb 0oz Peg 4
2nd Trevor Page 0lb 2oz Peg 3

September 25th 2005 Annual Cup Brafferton F1 Lake
1st Richie Newton 18lb 0oz Peg 12
2nd Josh Newton 12lb 7oz Peg 15
3rd Simon Robson 10lb 9oz Peg 17

October 2nd 2005 Les Clarke Cup River Swale - Catterick
1st Trevor Page 0lb 1oz Peg 4

October 16th 2005 Hargreave Mem. Trophy Dromonby Farm (small pond)
1st Kev Stiff 13lb 8oz Peg 8
2nd Simon Robson 9lb 6.5oz Peg 3
3rd Trevor Page 2lb 14oz Peg 4

Don't forget it's the pike match this Sunday at Tontine Lake.
There's still plenty of room left if any other members want to fish - it'll only cost you a quid (with an optional 4 sweep too)
If anyone's interested leave a message on this thread or give me a ring (phone number on bottom of match calendar)

The more that fish the better the chance is to see if there's still some big pike in the lake - I've not seen anything bigger than about 8lb for a couple of years but I'm convinced there's still some doubles in there.

Tight Lines

Simon

Last edited:

rigger

I havent seen any doubles out myself other than pic of the 11lb pike my friend caught but in september we (me and hish) were ready to return a pike around 3-4lb mark when it was attacked by another a hell of a lot bigger so i would love to know wat that 1 weighs anyways it was returned a distance away lol.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Next match is the Atkinson Trophy
It's this SATURDAY (26th November) at Dromonby Farm (small pond as usual)

Same fishing times apply (9am draw, fish 10am - 3pm)

Ice-breaking equipment may be necessary (igloos optional[:p])

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter
Final match of the year is the Xmas Cheer, this Sunday (18th) at Dromonby Farm.
All members are guaranteed a prize.

Usual rules apply - it's 10 a ticket for anybody who hasn't fished a match this season. 5 for anyone who's fished at least one match and free for those who've fished at least five matches.

It's free for the following members:
T.Page, K.Stiff, S.Robson, G.Richardson and P.Jones

Tight Lines

Simon

Robert T

any news of the so called rumoured 30lb caught out of Tontine, there is supposed to be a picture doing the rounds from a almost fully frozen lake,and he is not a suposed to be a member from STOKESLEY AC, as i heard. Or is it all a con ?

robert t

Simon R

Site Supporter
It's news to me Robert - I was talking to Tony last week and he never mentioned it either.

I'd like to see the photo but it sounds a bit dubious to me - any idea if it was a mirror or a common?

Simon

Robert T

mirror, looked a french fish about 33-35 lbs. and angler was in the water upto his knees which i cant see happening on any peg at tontine, never mind the cold. has been atwenty out last week though

robert t

Simon R

Site Supporter
quote:angler was in the water upto his knees which i cant see happening on any peg at tontine

Dead right!
Water's past your knees in the margins of EVERY peg - I've got a wader full from quite a lot of them[:p]

In any case biggest mirror is about 24lbs I think - can't see one fish putting 8 or 9lbs on - especially at this time of year.

Simon

jonawill

[:D] I have just joined the Stokesly Angling club and am interested in Carp fishing. Could you reccommend baits and locations of the deeper parts of the lake. I was there on Wednesday but blanked. I realise its partly due to the time of year. I fished the Tontine lake and was in the far corner on the shed side of the lake. Apart from that its a nice looking lake

Simon R

Site Supporter
I can't recommend any baits - aithough big pellets do seem to catch a fair few fish but this is a rough guide to the lake I put together last year so should give you some idea what to expect:

This is by no means a comprehensive guide but will give you a rough idea of what to expect on each peg. Depth varies between about 3 feet in one corner to perhaps 7 feet at the deepest. Dont ignore the margins, hopefully the reed-beds will re-establish themselves this year so there should be plenty of cover close in. The pegs start from the back of the lake nearest the hut.

Peg 1 Obvious fish-holding spot is the big bush in the corner to your right, deepest part of the lake is more or less straight in front of you.

Pegs 2-7 No obvious features but between pegs 4 and 7 there are a number of shallow bars running more or less diagonally across the lake towards the far-corner (not the boathouse corner the other one) Still deepish water in front of pegs 2 and 3 before it starts to shallow a little.

Peg 8 (the bench peg) Deepest part of the peg is right at your feet, theres a couple of small underwater features about 20 yards out but theyre difficult to find. Theres also the big snag to your left but its tricky to fish to from this peg.

Pegs 9 & 10 The obvious feature is the big dead tree in the corner but fish also get caught straight out into open water. It can be easier to fish close to the tree from peg 10 it seems to be easier to pull the fish away from it plus they dont spook as easily.

Pegs 11 & 12 The shallowest part of the lake, can be good in the summer. Theres a shallow bar beneath the tree between the two pegs and also a larger plateau about thirty yards out.

Peg 13 Again no obvious features theres a slightly deeper channel straight in front but thats about it. Likely to be heavily weeded this summer, so look for clear spots. Fish will come very close in along this bank, especially at nightfall.

Pegs 14 & 15 (the island)
Right-hand peg (14) is deepest close in rises up to the plateau in front of 11 and 12 further out. Bay on right-hand side is very shallow but carp do mooch around in there on warm days. Also likely to be weeded up this summer. Central feature tends to attract fish all year round. Theres a drop off about ten yards to the left of it.

Pegs 16 & 17 Sixteen is best known for tench (into the corner), the majority of fish on seventeen come from either the corner (if no-ones on eighteen) or out into open water (deepest area of the lake in front of this peg).

Peg 18 One of the most consistent pegs, usually a three rod set-up would see one into open water, one towards the oak-tree and one tight to the bushes in the corner.

Peg 19 (Under Oak Tree) Generally shares the fish with eighteen fishing down into the corner and tight to near-side bushes. Deep water fairly close in if fishing straight out.

Peg 20 The same corner as peg one bush on the left always productive. Theres a shallow ridge about 10 yards out, its about 6 feet wide and 20 feet long used to be a weedbed attached to it.

All the pegs where youre fishing tight to snags must be fished locked-up if the fish runs itll get into a snag and you wont get it out. That means fishing close to your rods and before retreating to your bivvy, move any baits that are tight to the snags away.

Hope that helps a little

Tight Lines

Simon

ruddc

Hi Mate,

Any good quality bait will catch you a fish. I generally use my home-made baits (boilies) but i have caught on good quality frozen and ready-mades.

The tontine is more about location, the fish tend to hold up in a few areas many of them mentioned by Simon. The underwater features are not that hard to find drap a lead acroos the bottom and you will soon discover them. Well cooked particles are also a good attracter, but please make sure they are cooked properly!

Many struggle to catch on the Tontine but it isn't that hard really, i average about 2-3 fish per session.

There are 3 mains points to consider:

good location
good bait
good luck!

Regards

Chris

Robert T

There are 3 mains points to consider:

good location
good bait
good luck!

You fish the same location
Same good bait
lots + lots of luck

Robert T

Congratulations to Trevor from Stokesley AC, on Winning Club Championship.

Robert T

SJJB

Simon
Just got my application form for stokesley AC an i was wanderin how long it will take for my application to go through coz im dyin to get on the tontine!

MiddlesbroughFC
**Smoggie4life**

SJJB

Simon
ps. isit still 25 an 10 joining fee?

MiddlesbroughFC
**Smoggie4life**

Status
Not open for further replies.