Stokesley AC - Simpson Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Date December 8th 2002
Venue Renny Lake, East Harlsey, North Yorks

Apologies for the late posting of this match result but I've been rather busy for the last week.

Back to Renny again for our latest match (its becoming like a second home[:p]). Only eight anglers this week, due to us clashing with the NE Winter League (again), although a couple of the lads decided they'd prefer Renny to a struggle on the Tees and came along anyway.

For a change we had some reasonable weather, blue sky and not a cloud in sight. Still very cold though and the strong easterly wind didn't help matters. (I think the weather forecast reckoned that with the wind chill it would feel like -3C)

Unsurprisingly, given the temperature, there were no other anglers on the lake, so we spread ourselves out amongst all the pegs. Richie, myself and James all fishing with the wind off our backs opposite the first island (Norms favourite peg I think). Anth and Ricky fished the north bank into open water, Roy dropped into the peg Graham had won off the previous week and Colin and Dave fished the big bay.

Colin was the first to start catching snaring a carp on maggot fishing at 12m alongside the island (in only 2 feet of water)
Datafile2.jpg

He continued to catch carp at intervals but the strong wind and cold meant his presentation was suffering. Anth had also got a couple of carp and Ricky was catching roach on bloodworm. The rest of us were struggling - Richie and James still biteless with two hours gone.

As the match wore on it was debatable whether Rickys roach would overhaul the carp Colin had caught, however with an hour left he hooked (and landed) this fish.
Datafile2.jpg

It turned out that that carp was just enough, Ricky had 17lb 4oz of roach and the carp weighed 5lb 8oz for a total of 22lb 12oz.
Datafile2.jpg

Colins predominantly carp catch was just 8oz adrift, weighing in at 22lb 4oz.
Datafile2.jpg

Anth clinched 3rd with another mainly carp net, weighing 18lb 2oz
Datafile2.jpg

Final Result
1st Ricky Brown 22lb 12oz
2nd Colin Owen 22lb 4oz
3rd Anthony Stock 18lb 2oz
4th Roy Brown 6lb 5oz
5th Simon Robson 1lb 7oz
6th Richie Harrison 1lb 4oz
7th James Turnbull 0lb 2oz (retired early due to the cold)
8th Dave Watson DNW (although he did 'tip-back' 5lbs+ of roach)

Back to Renny again next week for the last match of the year

Last edited:

MALC

Good report and pictures as normal Simon [:D]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.