Stokesley AC Relaunch

Simon R

Site Supporter
Due to retirement of the landowner and redevelopment of adjacent properties our last remaining club water at Mount Lodge Farm will no longer be accessible beyond summer 2019.

Since we will no longer require membership subscriptions to cover the rental of waters we can drop the price substantially. For 2019/20 the membership price will be £15

Although we have no longer got any club waters we still have a very full fixture list of matches – on probably the widest variety of waters of any local clubs – commercial fisheries, reservoirs and rivers. Every match has a trophy associated with it plus there are trophies for biggest fish, best river weight and even the ‘Golden Balls’ for the luckiest angler of the season.

So what do you get for your £15?

A chance to get your name engraved on trophies that date back over 50 years in some cases, plus a replica trophy that’s yours to keep, a £1 reduction in match fees (members currently pay £2/ non-members £3) and pick of the prizes at our Christmas Cheer contest in December.

The £15 will be used as a ‘kitty’ to help pay pegging charges on venues which charge a ‘lake rate’ and also boost the Christmas Cheer prize table.

Subscriptions will be due prior to the first match of the season – usually mid-May. Since we’ll all be ‘new’ members the first year there will be no joining fee, however it’ll be a fiver extra for new members from May 2020.

Other than the evening series we rarely bother with pools (and when we do it’s only a couple of quid) so for anybody looking to dip their toe into match fishing it’s an inexpensive way of doing so. It’s treated as more of a day out with mates than cut-throat competition

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter

First half of the season shown above - before all that kicks off though there's the Presentation Night on 23rd April
New venue this year - The Lingdale Tavern - if anyone needs directions to the venue (or to Lingdale:p) let me know
8 o'clock start - trophy presentation, raffle and grand tackle auction (so bring some shekels)

Anyone wanting to pay their subs can do so - first chance goes to current members and those who fished matches last season

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter
UPDATE
Change of Venue for match on Sunday - due to the Tees being somewhat out of sorts we're now on the Silvers pond at Renny
Same 9am draw time and fish 10am-3pm

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter
UPDATE
Grayling Cup on Sunday postponed - river is still up following the weekend rain, there's more forecast and the forecast for Sunday is horrendous.
1581517253126.png

New date March 1st - times and meet as previous

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter
First match of the season is a week today - Sunday June 7th
As posted on facebook:

Please bring £20 in an envelope with your name, phone no and email address on the outside - that's club membership and pegging fee for first match.
I'll sort out the receipts later.
If anyone's got an Ollyskins (or similar) self supporting weigh bucket or A-frame as used at Whiteacres please fetch it along.
Venue supplies keepnets so please don't bring own
Social distancing to be respected wherever possible - details to be announced at draw.

Membership initially only open to last years members and those who fished as a guest last season

The mid-week evening matches at Dromonby Farm have been cancelled so second match of the season will be at Grange Farm on 21st June

If you can't make next weeks match but still wish to retain club membership let me know, otherwise I'll offer the place to those on the waiting list.

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter
Contrary to previous post the next match will not be at Grange Farm - they are not holding matches until after the caravan site reopens
I'm trying (and struggling) to find an alternative venue - however the evening match at Dromonby Farm on 3rd July will be going ahead - as will all subsequent matches at Brafferton, Rising Sun, Lockwood & Renny.

If I find an alternative for 21st June I'll let everyone know either here or via our facebook group.

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter
UPDATE - we're going to Spring Lake, Brafferton - pegs 1-19 LHS
This is not the float only match (that will be rescheduled for later in the year) so any valid method may be used
Usual 9am draw
The cafe is NOT open

Simon