Stokesley AC - Early Morning Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Date 15th June 2003
Venue Brafferton Fisheries (Spring Lake)

The reason this is called the Early Morning Cup is because at one time we used to fish it on our club lake with a 3am draw and fish 4am until 10am. Fortunately we've come to our senses since then and just fish at more normal times.

Only seven turned up for the 9am draw, the last round of the Teesside League keeping a few away. I'd only booked a dozen pegs and we were one of three matches on the venue. We had pegs 28 - 39 (at the far end of the lake) none of which I'd ever fished before.

As I was making my way to my peg I saw a familiar face - none other than fellow MD'er Haydn taking part in one of the other matches.

When we got to our pegs, only Dave's peg in the corner(29) stood out, it was almost surrounded by reeds and looked very fishy. There was an island some 25yds away, in front of three of us and marginal reeds for a few others.This is the view along the lake from our pegs.
Datafile4.jpg

A few bits showed early on but Steve was the first to snare a 'proper' fish, fishing up in the water with meat he landed a decent carp of over 8lb. Dave then got an equally large one fishing tight to the reeds in the corner.
Datafile4.asp

Steve caught another and so did Dave Morris to my left
Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.jpg

I finally caught a decent carp of 4lb+, quickly followed by a smaller fish of about a pound. I hooked a third but it was foul-hooked and came off straight away. That was about it for my action.

Dave had been busy in the corner peg though, apart from his lumps of 8lb and 5lb he'd caught a few pasties and loads of silver fish. The final result was:

1st Dave Williams (peg 29) 17lb 10.5oz
Datafile4.asp

2nd Steve Golightly (peg 33) 15lb 10oz
Datafile4.asp

3rd Simon Robson (peg 31) 5lb 15oz
Datafile4.asp

4th Dave Morris (peg 32) 5lb 13oz
5th Josh Newton (peg 36) 5lb 6oz
6th Keith Harris(peg 37) 5lb 1.5oz
7th Trevor Page (peg 35) 3.5oz

Not the best match we've had on this venue - but not the worst either.
I'm not sure what won the match Haydn was taking in part in - perhaps he'll let us know [:)]

Next match is our all-nighter back at the Tontine on Friday

Tight Lines

Simon

lodge1

You can see that dave has been doing some serious training in the local ale establishment for this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.