Stokesley AC - Atkinson Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Date:- 9th November 2002
Venue:- Renny Lake, East Harlsey, North Yorks

This was our second match of the season on this venue and although 50lb+ had won the first match on here, that was back in September and we'd had a number of frosts and a lot of rain since then.

It was another poor attendance, probably because
a) The date clashed with both the NE Winter League and another local club match at The Oaks and
b) It was pi**ing down and blowing a gale [:p]

I decided to start on the waggler, since I had a good bit of open water in front of me, just loose feeding maggots, whilst flicking a few in on a possible pole line later. I caught a rudd first cast and thought I was on for a good day but bites were few and far between and I was missing as many as I was hitting.

The rain eased off by lunchtime, so I started fishing the pole.
This was the view across my peg
Datafile2.jpg

Still continued to catch odd roach, much to Mike Scotts irritation to my left, he was yet to get a bite. James Atkinson on the opposite bank was also struggling, he hooked a decent carp which seemed to be heading for the net before it 'woke-up', realised it was hooked and took off for the far bank, before James had time to react. The result was a snapped hooklength and a trashed rig.

I then hooked a decent carp myself, fortunately it didn't go mad and although it took a while to land, my .09 hooklength and B611 size 20 hook stood up to the strain. This was closely followed by a chub of around a pound and a half. The carp weighed 5lb 11oz and this together with my other fish gave me 9lb 8oz and another match win.
Datafile2.jpg

Mike finally got a bite, 10 minutes from the end (which needless to say he missed). James lost another carp but fishing on after the match he did manage to snare this nice chub of 2lb+
Datafile2.jpg

Next match is on the 24th November at the River Swale at Catterick - that is if it ever stops raining.

norm

simon you won well done mate

hear that lads we should all join the matches simon enters they must be easy to win

ha ha ha sos mate just kidding well done

Robert T

Yes well done Simon, great win against quality opposition, next year maybe James will win one !
Great report & an excellent phot of you Simon, superb photographer, who took it ?
The toon go marching on in Champions League

Robert Turnbull & James

Status
Not open for further replies.