Stockton Resevoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polepot

Poles
Can anyone give me advice on how to approach this venue.

I am fishing it in the Malc Doyle non bagging series nest Saturday, and so far have not done to well,as I am supporting the bottom of the list.

TIA

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

MALC

quote:I am fishing it in the Malc Doyle non bagging series

Nick and every one else i've not been able to find out which pegs we are on at the moment but suspect we will be around pegs 1 to 20 on the walkway (hope to find out on Tuesday) as these are the normal match pegs.

Not been over to fish since early July so no first hand upto date info other than what i've been told by people.

Been told all normal baits ie Meat/Corn/Pellet/Paste/Bread taking odd Carp and Tench with Maggot & Caster accounting for smaller fish.

Pole and Feeder both catching.

As i say though the above is not first hand info it's only what people have told me.

Will this the 5th and penultimate round be a BAGGUP or not (hope so).

As far as i know there should be 14 of us as DIRK should be comeing to this one.
So if any one else wants to join us i should have 6 spare pegs just E-Mail me for details.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

scott essery

'Silver man'
Hia Malc

Any more news about stockton? did steve manage a few hours fishing (or is he not revealing whats the method to empty the place) icon_smile_wink.gif

we all know Malcs an open, honest, nice, caring kind of angler but steve is an evil sadistic torcherer of innocent cuddly bears and donst reveal whats working at a venue (is steve and dick dastidly one of the same...I'll let you decide!)

Anyway, only two more Bag Up comps to go icon_smile_sad.gif its been such fun (well more fun if wed caught some fish!) and a shame its comming to a close.

Malc, sounds like I'll bring a pt of squats again and dig out my size 26's if there are some small fish in there icon_smile.gif

Keith, confident of cementing your lead?

Polepot

Poles
Scott,

Should the question have been - Are there any fish in there? LOL

cya on Saturday

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

kev coke

There are lots of fish in stockton the carp go from 2lb to 25lb and can be caught on meat corn catmeat pellet and paste but dont forget the small fish in there are a lot of small tench chub and crewies i have been a couple of times in the last couple of weeks and caught a few fish on varius baits other people were catching well on corn and maggot anything else you want to know just ask me and i will do my best to reply
kev

kev coke

Malc what pegs are we on as i think that the first 25 pegs are the fairest ones to have just take out peg 1 its 12 inches deep and no fun cuz its got loads of reeds in it

MALC

Kev,

At the moment i'm not 100% certain which pegs we got icon_smile_sad.gif but the normal match pegs are on the boards (from peg 1 upwards).

I'm going to pop over there tomorrow afternoon after my match (few hours practise) icon_smile_wink.gif and see the Baliffe and hopefully sort out which pegs we have been allocated.

As you say if we have from peg 1 upwards then i'll knock a few of the pegs out and hopefully we can all catch a few fish. icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Anyway must go now as i'm just going fishing. icon_smile_cool.gificon_smile_cool.gif

Malc

jimbo

Just spoke to British Waterways we are on pegs 44-63, can anyone help with depths for making rigs etc. C Ya all Sat

Jimmy

kev coke

Thats a shame as pegs 44-63 are fishing the worse at the minute i was down there today on peg 5 and had about 120lb of fish and was the only one catching everybody on the bank that we are fishing was really struggling and to tell you the truth 44 45 or 46 should win the match the group of pegs we have been given are the unfairest on the venue

MALC

As Jimmy has posted i can now comfirm we are on pegs 44 to 63.

The reason Kev say's these are the unfairest are due to pegs 44 to 47 being in whats known as ANIMAL country in as much as they have Reeds stretching for around 6mtrs out on both sides and Reed islands at about 20 to 25 yds casting distance.

Peg 48 is the first into the reeds and has reeds streching approx 40yds up the right hand side.

Pegs 49 to 63 (nearest car park) are on whats called the Dam wall and although they have Reeds on both side's reaching about 2mtrs out only a few have a reachable island (with feeder,pegs 63 to 57 & 51 to 49) the rest are into open water.

Depths average around 6ft on the pole line and 2ft in the margins although some have 4ft on the pole line and the same in the margins.

Malc

scott essery

'Silver man'
Kev

sounds like you had a good days fishing, what did you use, catmeat over pellets? its a shame we arent on the low numbers though.

(any chance of drawing my peg out again tomorrow mate? icon_smile_wink.gif)

Malc

Ummmmm so what do you recon? fair peging or do you recon its going to be the luck of the draw and a bit peggy?

I guess though at the end of the day we are all just going to do the best we can from the peg we draw .... and have a laugh along the way! See you all there BEFORE it starts this time!! icon_smile.gif

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc and All,

Just got off the phone to Kev Coke and he has phoned BW and asked them to change the pegs as they are not fishing very well at the moment bar the flyer pegs.

He has asked them for 1 to 20 and they have agreed and will inform the bailiff to amend the board.
Malc can you phone to confirm its the right pegs.

Scott

Kev said he was catching on a "bit of everything".

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

scott essery

'Silver man'
Keith n Kev

Well done!! icon_smile.gif

Dont forget to ring em Malc!

It would be nice for a change if everyone was to 'bag up' especialy you Nick.... its your turn to catch some fish tomorrow and I want to see Kev use his patented 'everyting' and get another ton up hall.

I recon we all deserve some fish.... about bloody time !!! icon_smile_big.gif

steve wilson

dont want to upset anyone but if there is a match on the boards i.e
pegs 1 to 30 then these pegs do not produce at all ,due to all the noise made by walking up and down the boards
i have witnessed 3 or 4 matches on these pegs and the highest match weight that came from these pegs was 30lbs with 19lbs then 15lbs as back up weights pretty rubbish id say.
talking to the baliaf, he confirmed what i had seen by saying that in matches these pegs are the worst on the lake
by the way see you lot tomorrow

steve wilson

by the way Scott
size 36 hooks and single joker is the killer combination for tomorrow haha

MALC

Below is a Map of the pegs at Stockton (cheers Kev got it 2nd timeicon_smile_wink.gif)

Been trying to contact Liz at British Waterways for the last hour with no joy so i don't know now where we are pegged. icon_smile_question.gificon_smile_sad.gif

If it is pegs 1 to 20 then hopefully they will produce in the match how they do when pleasure fishing.
100lb plus is possible from most pegs (1 to 16) in pleasure sessions but in a match they can and normaly are the worst pegs on the venue as alot of the fish move behind the islands with all the movement on the boards.

But as Kev has said they are about the fairest pegs on the venue as they all either fish good or they are all bad with no real flyers (other than peg 15) which is just about reachable with a pole.

For those that have not been to Stockton the depths on pegs 1 to 20 are around 5 to 6 ft with shallower water in the lower numbers.

The only marginal feature is the platforms and walk way except peg 1 which has reeds to the right.

Scott these pegs could well play into your hands with a smaller fish attack if the Carp move out as there are a lot of Chub (average 12oz to lb), Cruicans average 6 to 12oz, Tench goto 2lb and a lot of Rudd around an ounce.icon_smile_wink.gif

Regardless of where we are pegged though with this being the penultimate round it should be interesting as every peg is visable to every body so we can always run up to Keith and Kev if they start to catch and scare their fish away icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif which should help the rest of us catch them up LOL

At the moment there are definately 15 of us and i'm waiting to hear from Dirk as he may be bring along 2 members of the BDAA to fish as well which will take the number fishing to 18.

See you all tomorrow
(and lets all BAGGUP for a change).

Malc

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,

Just to let you know I have not been near the water for the last 21/2 weeks due to Paris and starter moter problems with the car.

Last time i fished the pole on peg 19 in the open water and caught 5 carp and lost 4.

However i do know that people have been fishing it.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

MALC

quote:Just to let you know I have not been near the water for the last 21/2 weeks due to Paris and starter moter problems with the car.
Keith

Hope the wife did the damage to you whilst you were away so we can catch you up. icon_smile_wink.gifLOL

Great ain't it you live about an hour away from Stockton and me only 15 mins and it must be nearer 2 months since i fished it LOL (although some of the others from Rugby have been a lot recently) but i have called in on a weekly basis to check how it's doing icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif

But Keith dont forget the pack are chaseing you tomorrow and your lead will (hopefully) get whittled down so making it tighter for the following week at Holly Farm.

I'm at Holly Farm on Tuesday so will post a detailed report about it Tuesday night so every body get's last min info.

Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.