Stockton Reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk

Site Supporter
Stockton reservoir
Thursday saw Malc and myself, going to Stockton reservoir NR Southam, about four miles form Draycote Water, This lake had been taken over by British Waterways, about five years ago, and made in to a smaller version of Clattercote, or very small version of Drayton.where some of the maggotdrowners fished on Monday. Having 63 pegs we decided to fish on pegs 43 and 44. I Had planned to fish the maggot on the waggler for the Chubb, up in the water but after about an hour, and being plagued by the rudd, and Malc catching a Tench on the pole, made me decide that I too should try for the pole line. Malc started missing bites on the paste, and lost a carp, then I caught my first carp on the meat, which was around 3Ibs then malc had one slightly larger, then they really started to feed.
I finished the day with 9 carp three in double figures the largest being 13Ibs good old malc had his scales with him, we estimated that I finished the day with approximately 60Ibs and poor old Malc had around 30Ibs which was an extremely good weight for him. Well he did have the excitement of weighing my fish, so that more than made up for it, wait for the comments he's at work, so I'll get away with it until tomorrow. Sorry All the fish were caught on the meat and fished up against the reeds, and Malc fished with a large quantity of green16 elastic, which we shall not mention, go on mention it, especially those that have taken his advise on elasticating their poles.
Next trip out is at Sheepy Magna the Lime trees final match, in their spring series.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Dirk,

well done mate.Malcs a lovely guy and each time i've fished with him hes beaten me.He is helpful though and even supplied the catmeat at stockton last time we met up there.Did you catch any on catmeat or was it good old luncheon meat.was anyone else catching round the lake as those pegs generally get you a few fish.

Keith

MALC

Dirky..

quote: Malc had around 30Ibs which was an extremely good weight for him. Well he did have the excitement of weighing my fish, so that more than made up for it, wait for the comments he's at work,

No i'm NOT booked an extra nights hols when i got back HA HA.

quote: Malc fished with a large quantity of green16 elastic, which we shall not mention, go on mention it, especially those that have taken his advise on elasticating their poles.

It's now ripped out and in the bin thats why i took night off.
So there.

Keith
quote: Malcs a lovely guy and each time i've fished with him hes beaten me

The cheque is in the post LOL

quote: Did you catch any on catmeat or was it good old luncheon meat.

Bet he wont tell you Keith..

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

dirk

Site Supporter
Hi keith
Put it like this mate if the carp could speak?
they would say meow!!!
there were odd fish coming out all over, what we couldn't understand was where have all the rudd come from????
I know from their mummy and daddy, but who put them in there, and when?

MALC

Keith
Okay so i was wrong he did tell.

Dirky..
See your getting the hang of this now POSTING THIS TWICE LOL

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

dirk

Site Supporter
See I did tell him Malc

but i won't tell you what I was using???

dirk

Site Supporter
Malc
I posted it but couldn't find it, I didn't see there was two pages, sorry!!
I will try harder next time.
Like you should at fishing Ouch!!!!!!icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.