Stockton on tees

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffas21

I am looking for carp fishing waters in the area around stockton on tees.

so far i have located a small water called "brick pond" and the river tees of course, which apparently has big carp in it, but any information as detailed as possible on stretches of the river to fish would be appreciated, with permit details if you know

thanks in advance[:p]

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Im not sure where abouts on the Tees i know a couple of people who have lost carp on the horseshoe bend on the right hand side at the reeds just past the bit of wood. The only other place thats reasonably local is Charltons Pond in Billingham just off Cowpen lane down Hereford. There used to be some big Carp in there up to 30lb in the big Pond but i havent been down there in years and dont know if it would still be worth a shot!

Tight lines [:D]

zimmo

Zimmo
If you go there, give the tackle shop in billingham a call. There are strict rules at the moment due to them raising the funds to have the pond sorted out. I know you can fish the pond and it is around 1.50 to fish at the moment, but they will let you know all the info. There is a thread on here somewhere that I put on about waters to fish around teesside, let me know if you want me to find the link.

All the best

Barry

---------------------------------------
Visit the new website for our
favourite venue......
Renny Lake : http://www.rennylake.co.uk
---------------------------------------

bashy

bashy
look on day ticket waters, zimmo has put a load of info on waters in the area up. as for the tees i have heard (only a rumour) any where between victoria and diana bridge and bowesfield industrial estate are the places to be fishing and i believe these are free stretches.

philhezzy

ive heard theres a new place in carlton opening up soon its only 10 mins away from stockton im not sure of the name but i heard theres gona b 3 lakes, a carp lake and 2 mixed.
if u go up to stillington theres a carp lake up there (boasys) theres carp upto 23lb in there according to north east ground baits(harpers garden centre)

bashy

bashy
the problem with bowesy's is you can quite easily miss it look for a sign saying west park lake, it is on the left hand side just outside stillington. you used to be allowed to night fish up there aswell but i am going back a good few years now. the carp always used to be very fussy and hard to track down, there is some good tench in there aswell. boilies were always best for the carp.

philhezzy

ive never actually fished the place but yes u can still nite fish it,i came across it 1 day cos me and me mate were lookin 4 the free pond(behind church) and came across bowesys but was put off fishin it because there was a lot of wind and its wide open as ull no ur self.

bashy

bashy
don't be put off by the wind down there, if you head straight to the bottom of the pond,furthest away from the gate , stand facing towards the gate and then look to your left it was always very sheltered in that corner, you get good tench from that corner aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.