Stillwaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpio

Hi all, my first post..hope to have more.

Anyway, im fishing tomorrow, and would like any news/info of venues fishing well in the Ormskirk/Southport region. Havent been out in a while so ive lost touch as to whats goin on...any pointers will be great.

I have fished Bannister Farm and the Cattery, as well as others in the area, anyone know how these are fishing?

Thanks for any help..............[8D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Hi all, my first post..hope to have more.

Well you've started somthing so why finish [:D] - welcome on board Carpio

Dave

Carpio

Thanks for the warm welcome Dave..........Im surprised i came across this site, only now...........was lookin for info on where to fish tomorrow....hopefully someone will have some ideas.......[:)]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There's quite a few posts on the forum on those places to read whilst you're waiting [:)]

Try using the Search at the top right and use the words:

Ormskirk Southport Bannister Cattery

and for the search: Match any of the words

[:)]

Dave

David

HI I AM NEW TOO
AND WOULD LIKE SOME INFO ON WATERS IN THE SOUTH EAST
CHEERS
DAVE!

DOC!

Ian C

Hi Carpio and David

Welcome to MD's [:D]

I'm from the midlands and have never fished down there, but have a look at this...

Here

Just select a county and you should get a list of venues available as day ticket waters (please note it hasn't been updated for a few years, so you may need to seach the web once you have found a likely venue, or try the phone number listed).
I hope this helps.

Ian C

Last edited:

scouse

'River Man'
hi carpio
do you know too good farm/barrets farm/
lake side/wrighting lakes/
old hesken/german lane/
navigation farm/copppal mill
they are all around by the cattery
if not i can tell you how to get there[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Carpio

Thanks for the reply, scouse.........I know of Lakeside, fished it a couple of times, and a Heskin Farm......not sure of the others.....My problem is i can only get out to these places when my mate is goin. Im always lookin for new venues though. So any pointers will always be appreciated.

Have you heard of S*****y Woods, out Crosby/Blundellsands way?
Has some very nice sized perch there.Ive had one to just over 3lbs.
But it can fish slow at times.

Anyway, we went to Bannister Farm yesterday....i had a bad day, my mate though caught a 5.5lb Common, in lovely condition and some Tench.

I, on the other hand, slept well, and when wasnt disturbing the lake with my snoring, had a nice time feeding/watching birds (yes the feathered kind.....[;)]). Yes, thats how my day went.[:(]

Carpio

p.s.......not sure why my post wont feature the name of the fishery in Crosby, without filling in asterixes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.