Stillwater or maver seatbox

Fisherman93

Hi all, looking to spend about 100 - 150 max on a seatbox. None for sale locally second hand so will probably need to be new. I have narrowed it down i think to either the new maver reality of one of the stillwater range, either the old ts3/5 or newer match stix one.
Has anybody any experience with these or recommendations. Thanks

Stillwater ts3
Stillwater TS3 3 Drawer Seatbox – Chapmans Angling

Stillwater match stix
StillwaterPro Match Stix 3 Drawer with Backrest Seatbox – Chapmans Angling

Maver
Maver Reality R100 Seatbox – Chapmans Angling

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Depending on where you are , I am thinking of selling my boss box, would be cheaper than your budget, but collection only from Warrington area.
If you need a footplate for your box, get the Stillwater, if not get the maver,

Albert H

All those seatboxes look remarkably like the 2 Theseus that I bought from Fishing Republic a few months ago for £20 to £50!

Albert H

I have the Theseus Match Saturn (less than £20), the Theseus Match (about £40 > 50) and think they're superb. I bought them in the relatively recent Fishing Republic sale.

I find myself using them more than my Maver Signature Venue Seat Box that cost nearly £200 and that thing in its bag weighs more than the aforementioned put together & full of terminal tackle.

In a nutshell I'm really happy with them, particularly for the price.

spark1

Stillwater is poor quality I have that TS3 sitting round the side of my house I bought about 6 years ago and gave all the accessories away including foot plate that I bought at the same time. I would wait until a decent 2nd hand one comes along. You buy cheap you buy twice imo and get what you pay for.

david white

Site Supporter
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Buy cheap you risk buying twice in my experience but some ' cheap ' items are more than fit for purpose for casual users

Fisherman93

Decisions decisions, suspected the Stillwater might not be the greatest quality but was hoping the maver would be ok. Being a bigger name

mytopkitisbroken

I'd hold out for a used Matchbox

Your budget will get you a very good one in nearly new condition

I bought a mint S Class for £100 a year or so ago and it's brilliant, loads of storage, super lightweight, built to last(y)

RiggersSW

I'd go used to be honest. I've got a 2008 Maver Pro that I bought new, paid a lot for it at the time after buying all of the attachments that I needed back then. Never even considered buying another seatbox. The main thing for me is storage, especially being able to keep bait in the bottom of it out of the rain if the weather turns bad. It's heavy but I have all of my terminal tackle and bait on there, also a pole bar and feeder arm. No messing about with banksticks!

SO I'd hold out for a used / older model of a formerly pricey seatbox as you can pick a lot of them up on gumtree, ebay etc with all the attachments that you want for hardly anything. All told my setup probably cost near the £300 mark ( a lot for a teenager who just fished club matches at the time). Just looked on gumtree and the near enough same setup I have is selling for £40-£100 now.