Stillwater Matchstix 11ft Carp Feeder

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Finally broke in my Stillwater Matchstix carp feeder today. So for £20 what do i think?

Well it's not the slimmest or lightest blank out there, but for £20 i don't expect it to be. SiC guides though, impressive.
Handle is some sort of black man made material with a sliver of cork at either end, not premium, but again, £20
Includes a hook keeper
3 glass tips from 0.75 to 2oz, i was using the (i forget) 1.5 or 1.75oz i think it was. The tips are all different lengths by about 2 inches, weird.

I was using the rod today on a local runs water, which holds carp from 3lb average going up to about 15lb, for a laugh i paired the rod with my 4012 TDR (tbh it's the smallest proper feeder reel i have at the moment) and it was surprisingly well balanced with that reel. 8lb Tournament ST, Preston ICS 20g large method feeder to a 4" QM1 baitband.

Had about 12 runs today and actually landed 8 of them (all common carp), my best day yet from this water, stamp was 2lb-4lb with a bonus 11lb n half common.

The rod handled all fish wonderfully, great playing action for such a cheap rod, not as tippy as my Daiwa Yank n Bank so better for soaking up the lunges under the tip. No flat spots.
Casting accuracy was really impressive, i was hitting the same square metre at 40yds continuously and i'm no casting pro.

I actually prefer this budget rod to my Yank n Bank which was 4 times the price and less accurate on the cast.

If you can still get one i highly recommend this rod.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
No didn't break, i meant i broke it in as in christened it, first time use :D

rd350lc

Doh! Lockdown getting to me . Would like to get a 9 or 10ft for a gift for someone , but out of stock now ?