Still places available for charity match Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

allthegearnoide

Hi lads still got some pegs for Sundays 74 peg charity match
at Woodend farm complex draw to take place at 8am
all in 9am fish till 2pm 10 per person including peg fee plus pools if you want to have a go also for an extra 5 per person you can enter in the doubles after you weigh in for individual prizes you and your pairs partners weights "if entered" will be added together
lots of prizes and trophies for the 1st 2nd 3rd top junior pairs winners and biggest fish all junior anglers get a prize just for entering a great fun day out and all money raised goes to the when you wish upon a star foundation bacon/sausage ect. cobs delivered to you peg for a small donation [:D]
please contact me for more info or to book a peg
(Steve)

leeman

hiya steve. were is the fisherie located?
might be able to fish it if its not to far for me :)

dumdum

the fishery is just outside huthwaite near mansfield

steve you got pm [:0]

Foul ducker

Righto il see if I can get some brownie points as iv got a match day before, don't stick me down yet but il see if I can get a few others too
Can people just turn up and fish if there's room (with fee and donations of course [;)] ) I won't see some until the match the day before

allthegearnoide

This is their website mate it gives all the details its neer Jct 28 M1
http://www.woodendfarmcomplex.co.uk/

allthegearnoide

Yes mate just be in the carpark for 8 am draw your peg and order your bacon /sausage cob to be delivered to your peg straight off the barbie

allthegearnoide

The Owners of the pond have given us a Years free fishing as a prize
they are also giving us several day tickets and a couple of tickets for their Air gun range including loan of the gun

crowder

So the match is nearly upon us! All my gear got sorted yesterday and all that is left is to make some rigs after work.

How many off here are going?

crowder

How did you all get on?

I was on the match lake and got 13lb 12oz.

Although, i dropped a carp of about 3lb whilst putting it in the keepnet. My peg was totally full of fish, getting liners every put in but couldn't convert them to bites until the last hour and a half or so, when i managed to catch a large amount of hand sized carp.

allthegearnoide

Will put report and pics on tomorrow lads in a bit of pain right now but we raised over 614
so worth every twinge

dumdum

won my section, not bad for first match in 17yrs [:)]

was very good fun, need more practice [:)] should've blitzed it with an empty peg next door, ended up with 12lb 10oz plus a 4lb 12oz weighed fish from memory

kids should be taught how to cast and fish during a match, we were wedged in a corner, he was informed that you shouldn't use two rods during a match (which personally i think is wrong anyway, even if not a match, but thats my opinion only!) and then proceeded to screw up two or three swims while his dad seemingly just watched by casting all over the shop! it was good fun if nothing else!!!

stayed after the match and had 15 carp from four to ten pounds on paste in my margin swim on paste on my top two which was awesome fun!!! shame they didn't show up an hr or two earlier!! thats the pressure of match's on fishierys tho i guess [:)]

thouroughly enjoyed it tho and really didn't expect to win my section, i was peg 15 on the donut lake by the way [:)]

nice meeting you mr no idea, shame some thieving b*****d stole your maver pole, they should be strung up!! [:(!][:(!]

Last edited:

al44

thanks steve thouroughly enjoyed it the cobs were nice too lol hope evryone had a good day al [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.