Still no fishing in Wales for another three weeks

ae111sr

Site Supporter
In today's briefing the First Minister said you can exercise but you still cannot drive to do it. So unless you have a nearby fishery that is open and that you can walk or cycle to with all your fishing gear you still cannot go fishing Aarrgghhh:bash:

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Aye, we need these travel restrictions easing - same up here in the land of the Sturgeons.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
At leat I can drive to the golf course but fishing is too far away for me under the current restrictions.

Keith Sparky

In today's briefing the First Minister said you can exercise but you still cannot drive to do it. So unless you have a nearby fishery that is open and that you can walk or cycle to with all your fishing gear you still cannot go fishing Aarrgghhh:bash:
He is a idiot.....its now ok to meet with another household to exercise but still not ok to fish alone....

nejohn

Site Supporter
I started a thread way back before Xmas about a stolen session on the Monnow, I ended saying due to lockdown it could be my last session on running water until June, not really believing that... But it is looking like I might have been right, as we are stuck in until at least march 12th. I really think it will be Easter before we will be fishing in Wales. Dripford and his sidekick Born Guessing will really kill the Welsh economy, then when we are on the bones of our arses he will do the usual and go to the UK government cap in hand as it will obviously be the UK governments fault

rudd

Site Supporter
Just heard on news Wales may be first to open for holiday makers! 😐

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Your news must be like ours news. When they have no headlines they simply make one up. Wales MAY be first to open for holiday makers ! Then again it might be Scotland, or even England !

nejohn

Site Supporter
Just heard on news Wales may be first to open for holiday makers! 😐
He is talking about limited opening of self contained holiday accommodation in time for Easter but he will probably say you can only go if you can either walk or go on a bike or he will do what he did last time Wales opened up earlier, he will demand that Boris bans the English from crossing the border

Keith Sparky

He’s a proper doylam your first minister isn’t he ? You want to vote him out as soon as you get chance. The man is an idiot.
We have too many dim wit labour voters who want us all working back down the pits and supporting our doley communities to change anything...... I await the first response on here from someone blaming Maggie from 250 years ago and all things English instead of getting on with improving themselves and their lives....

rudd

Site Supporter
He is talking about limited opening of self contained holiday accommodation in time for Easter but he will probably say you can only go if you can either walk or go on a bike or he will do what he did last time Wales opened up earlier, he will demand that Boris bans the English from crossing the border
Thats Ok, will cross the severn in a dingy and claim to be syrian once I land.
Of course this will be attempted on a flood tide so I dont end up in Watchet.

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
Any bets on when we can take to the banks properly in Wales?

nejohn

Site Supporter
I think he will keep us locked down until after Easter, similar to what Boris has done, hence avoiding a mass exodus to the coast etc over the Bank Holiday weekend

Keith Sparky

I think he will keep us locked down until after Easter, similar to what Boris has done, hence avoiding a mass exodus to the coast etc over the Bank Holiday weekend
Just a tweak to allow local only for exercise is long overdue not just to take the car fishing but for peoples mental health to take a short trip for a change of scenery.....maybe 10 miles max or something like that ?

nejohn

Site Supporter
Just a tweak to allow local only for exercise is long overdue not just to take the car fishing but for peoples mental health to take a short trip for a change of scenery.....maybe 10 miles max or something like that ?
It would be nice but if as he says his main objective is protecting people then it will be April 12th, however as we know he does not like to do what Boris does so will probably say from the 13th of March it is a free for all with everything open except pubs ( as we all know he is teetotal and totally against drinking), then follow that up with another total lockdown 4 weeks later when the cases rise. As you say there was not really any harm in saying you can drive a short distance to take your exercise as it would have been much better for people's mental health, but with that you have to factor in the idiots who would think a short drive was Newport to Tenby just because they like Tenby