Still no angling in Northern Ireland!!

2lbRoach2hand

As I write this, I am completely gutted seeing and hearing about my friend's in England getting out for a day's fishing.

To date, we have still not been given the go ahead.

As anglers in Northern Ireland - should we all be sending our local MP's an email demanding the NI Assembly follow suit with England regarding angling? Do you think it would be worth pressuring them into doing something?

Keith Sparky

its still a pain in Wales as well where you should not be driving to the venues that are just reopening but its OK to walk there. So not fully open in Wales but getting there

D

Deleted member 24128

its still a pain in Wales as well where you should not be driving to the venues that are just reopening but its OK to walk there. So not fully open in Wales but getting there

My local tackle shop isn't open either which means no bait :rolleyes:

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I thought the ban on driving to the venue in Wales was lifted provided you stay local !

Keith Sparky

On the Cymru Angling site it is saying ok to drive locally so assume it's now ok...my local club is opening next Monday so yeah !

P_C

As I write this, I am completely gutted seeing and hearing about my friend's in England getting out for a day's fishing.

To date, we have still not been given the go ahead.

As anglers in Northern Ireland - should we all be sending our local MP's an email demanding the NI Assembly follow suit with England regarding angling? Do you think it would be worth pressuring them into doing something?
The main thing is we don't get selfish anyway.

D

Deleted member 24128

I thought the ban on driving to the venue in Wales was lifted provided you stay local !

That is true according to Angling Cymru Fakebook page but not according to the Natural Resources Wales website or the talking head on the tele. The contradiction is real, I'm afraid. Seeing as Angling Cymru claimed to have been dealing with "ministers" to allow us to drive locally then I'm inclined to accept this as the truth and would direct anyone who questions my being on my local bank to that source but it's all irrelevant anyway because if the tackle shop is still closed I can't go anywhere anyway.

So, we can go fishing, but we can't. Brilliant. Nothing like clear governance rooted in common sense, is there? I expected nothing less from that bunch of muppets in Cardiff.

2lbRoach2hand

I'm not too bad for bait - I have a stock of GB and pellets and corn etc. Even if they were to open private commercial fisheries here where there would at least be a limit on the number of tickets sold and it could be controlled unlike some wild fisheries. Only problem being, there are only two close to me, one of which is an association (which I am not a member of) who has decided to only allow members on when we do get the go ahead and the other - well you can only buy a ticket by going into the tackle shop - no facility to book online ffs! Typical Northern Ireland - bloody years behind the rest of the UK!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Garden centres are being allowed to re-open in NI so I presume if someone wanted to follow the AT model then the NI Assembly shouldn't really be able to object

2lbRoach2hand

And as if by magic......……...Offical go ahead to fish from Monday over here!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!

Words cannot describe how I feel - like a kid coming up to Christmas Eve! lol.

Bait ordered from WIlly's Worms, few phonecalls later and a trip to a local commercial on Wednesday followed by a trip down to Enniskillen on Friday to fish the Erne!!!!

I wonder if I can remember how to cast? lol

willothewisp

willothewisp
Site Supporter
And as if by magic......……...Offical go ahead to fish from Monday over here!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!
Words cannot describe how I feel - like a kid coming up to Christmas Eve! lol.

Bait ordered from WIlly's Worms, few phonecalls later and a trip to a local commercial on Wednesday followed by a trip down to Enniskillen on Friday to fish the Erne!!!!

I wonder if I can remember how to cast? lol
Hi 2lb. I fly fish a lough in Co Down. I've not heard the good news you mention. Where is it so I can quote it to our "committee" Thanks.