Still in the Dark Ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
A judge in Saudi Arabia has been asking hospitals whether or not they can sever the spinal cord of a man convicted of paralyzing another man in an attack with a cleaver.
Talk about a eye for a eye, not happy with chopping the hands off thieves, or giving a old woman 99 lashes for talking to a male not in her family, or stoning a woman to death for adultry, now this.

nrayner

Yes...they should just execute him. Why waste money on keeping him alive?

flotador

Their country, their decision. Dont you have enough problems with law and order in Britain, without worrying about other countries?
(No offence intended)

thetraveller

It's funny listening to the Yanks whinge about the Lockerbie biomber being freed. Yet they are responsible for this bunch of thugs being in power without US support these despots would have been out years ago. Nothing to do with oil contracts though is it.[}:)][:p]

me

Originally posted by Notts Breamer

A judge in Saudi Arabia has been asking hospitals whether or not they can sever the spinal cord of a man convicted of paralyzing another man in an attack with a cleaver.
Talk about a eye for a eye, not happy with chopping the hands off thieves, or giving a old woman 99 lashes for talking to a male not in her family, or stoning a woman to death for adultry, now this.

If they told the do gooders to f off and did similar over here our crime rate would drasticly fall and it would be the end to 90 year old pensioners being mugged for the fiver they have in their purses/wallets.

At the end of the day its their country and their laws. If you don't like the punishment don't do the crime

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
Seeing as you would need a doctor/surgeon to do it,then it won't happen.

A little thing called the Hippocratic Oath:

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given to me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
I think we should interfere like we most usually do,
and protest most vehemently
and create a possible political issue again.

If only to demonstrate our outraged concern
which never amounts to anything
other than to offend the RagHeads. [:p]

Harry.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Maybe a dose of fitting the punishment to the crime would be a good thing here too, perhaps not to that extent, ie maiming people, but some sort of 'common justice' would be more of a deterrant than current sentancing I believe.

Examples, in Japan fare dodgers are taken miles from habitation, have theuir shoes removed and made to walk back to their homes under supervision to ensure they do not blag lifts or that family do not pick them up.

In Korea, there was one example of a family who started a major forest fire with a carelessly abandoned camp fire being sentenced to re-planting an equivalent acreage of trees lost. this sentence was passed around 20 years ago and they are still out there planting trees each and every weekend.

I believe that someone convicted of burglary should have their belongings confiscated as well as having to pay back the full replacement value of stolen goods, pay for any damage caused to the burgalled property etc.

Yeah there are problems with this, and it aint PC, but it would make people think twice I feel.

Fishnets

Tis their laws and tis their country they know the score. Awful though it is seeing beheadings, hangings on mini cranes, row upon row some times, stoneings etc....
A doctor over there would probably do it, would have to if told.
Criminals over here get off lightly sometimes for serious crimes. What would you llike to happen to someone who badly hurt/killed/raped family or friends?

gibby

Is this for real or something culled from the pages of the Sun or the Daily Mail? If the latter I would take it with a large pinch of salt.

If it is fact, then as others have said, its their country and their rules. How many people on this and other sites complaining about foreigners criticising our country, culture and way of life?

Status
Not open for further replies.