stickfloats

Status
Not open for further replies.

everyready

dose anyone know where i can buy round ally bar to make stickfloats
not able to find any HELP! beautiful.gif

bobby

When you say 'ally' bar i am pressuming that it is for a wire stem stick ?. If so, then your best bet is to get welding flux from an engineering supplier, i would guess this comes in various diameters, 2mm upwards.

Hope this may be of some help ?

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Have you tried a model shop ie boats planes cars etc?

chill out go fishing

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bicycle spokes ? They're what I used to use. That or rosewood with balsa or pine tops [:)]

Dave

Dave

dbarri

You could give Gerry's a call in Nottingham - 0115 9781695 - (once you have exhausted local possibilities). They can supply the alloy dowels you are looking for. They can even get you carbon fibre stems (which are even better than alloy as they are lighter and stronger). You will need to experiment with the length (of either material) as once you get it just right, the finished float will cast and fish just right. Happy hunting.

MALC

Everyready,

I get either ally or brass rods from a local model shop in 2ft lengths for between 50p and 2 depending on the dia or if they are hollow (for sliders) or solid.

Have used welding rods in the past but prefer the stuff from the model shops now.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

everyready

thank you all very much have tryed all local modle shops and diy i can find locally so will give gerrys at nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.