Stick Floats with a Crown Symbol on Them

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Hi Folks
I've been buying assorted floats lots from eBay recently and have ones with a crown symbol on them but don't know who is manufacturer?
I found out PDQ was Pegler Davis but this has me stumped.
Also I've got a fair few John Dean plastic stick floats now which I'm stoked about but what would you say was the next best stick float in your opinion?
Regards
John

Nicky Dodds

Colmic used to have a crown symbol on some of their earlier pole floats but I've never seen one of their stick floats.
I've always liked the ultra lignums and the Alan Mayer glass sticks

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Cheers @Nicky Dodds
There were some Colmic 4AAA Green Insert Wagglers in the lot too that look good.
I've plenty of Ultra Lignums that look good also.
Haven't any Alan Mayers but will keep a look out.
I've acquired John Sherwood, PDQ, Peter Warren, Dick Clegg, Shakespeare, John Dean, Dave Thomas, Ultra, Leeda, All England, Angling Plus, Bobby Dazzler, Ivan Marks, Dave Harrell, Peter Drennan, Middy, John Allerton, Uni Tackle & Steve Gardner.
I'll never use them all :D

Nicky Dodds

Cheers @Nicky Dodds
There were some Colmic 4AAA Green Insert Wagglers in the lot too that look good.
I've plenty of Ultra Lignums that look good also.
Haven't any Alan Mayers but will keep a look out.
I've acquired John Sherwood, PDQ, Peter Warren, Dick Clegg, Shakespeare, John Dean, Dave Thomas, Ultra, Leeda, All England, Angling Plus, Bobby Dazzler, Ivan Marks, Dave Harrell, Peter Drennan, Middy, John Allerton, Uni Tackle & Steve Gardner.
I'll never use them all :D
Did the all englands have a crown or was that a Union Jack?
I don't think the Alan mayers have been made for donkeys years as he's no longer with us. There was also a range of balsas and balsa wagglers.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Hi Folks
I've been buying assorted floats lots from eBay recently and have ones with a crown symbol on them but don't know who is manufacturer?
I found out PDQ was Pegler Davis but this has me stumped.
Also I've got a fair few John Dean plastic stick floats now which I'm stoked about but what would you say was the next best stick float in your opinion?
Regards
John
IMO the best sticks are original Benny Ashursts, next Pete Warren and then the 'original' Deany's wooden ones.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
A photo of the symbol on the floats and or the floats in question might help with finding an answer. ;)

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Is that John Sherwood the Avon master who used to run Upton Warren gravel pit? Bit of a legend he was, was always there when I was a kid.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Good man @Nicky Dodds
The crown symbol is not quite the same but surely it is a Colmic.
It's a 2 Tone Brown Stick, Red Tip with Cane Stem Stick 3 no.4
Will try post pic tomorrow.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Is that John Sherwood the Avon master who used to run Upton Warren gravel pit? Bit of a legend he was, was always there when I was a kid.
I believe he was a good friend of Ron Lees as far as I know.
I'm reading Ron Lees book An Angler's Life for Me at the moment. Great read. One on eBay at the moment if interested.