Stick float rod project.

trotter2

Hi looking to modernise a classic stick float rod with a new screw reel seat and a set of high stand off guides. So if anyone has such a rod for sale that requires some work to get it up and running again please PM me. Don't mind if the splice has lost a couple of inches. As I will be fitting a new splice if it needs a replacement. Not looking for anything mint condition as this conversion would reduce the value of a classic rod.
Anyone got anything for sale. Thanks.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ive got a couple somewhere

one I know is an early Tri cast, 12 footer, lost about an inch or so from the tip

You could have that for post and packing (and a RNLI donation)

let me know, and I will dig it out

Dropon

I have a Dave Harrell 13 ft spliced tip I would be willing to sell if you are interested. No damage or loss of inches to spliced tip.

MarkW

Harrison rods still do the GTI spliced tip blank that the DH stick float rod is based on. Lovely blank as I borrowed one from a mate recntly and had a fish with it.

solwood

Site Supporter
The Dave Harrel/Harrison GTi are two of my favourite rods

the GTi was in good condition but the DH needed a rebuild and i went with standoff fuji sic 3 leg rings for use with a pin

However the extra weight of the rings has made a difference to the action.

So if you do a refit a suggestion of single leg rings and titanium frames from me

trotter2

The Dave Harrel/Harrison GTi are two of my favourite rods

the GTi was in good condition but the DH needed a rebuild and i went with standoff fuji sic 3 leg rings for use with a pin

However the extra weight of the rings has made a difference to the action.

So if you do a refit a suggestion of single leg rings and titanium frames from me
Thanks for that, that's the type of info I am looking for .

trotter2

Ive got a couple somewhere

one I know is an early Tri cast, 12 footer, lost about an inch or so from the tip

You could have that for post and packing (and a RNLI donation)

let me know, and I will dig it out
Any idea what model it is Mick please.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dug it out earlier, its snapped just at the second eye, done it one day walking along the river with the gilbert, ideal dace and roach rod

as for age, it must be around the time tri cast sponsored the barnsley blacks, mid to late 80's

Tri-cast trophy IM6 tom pickering match 12 foot (could even be 13ft, cant remember and aint put it together to see)

3 piece, brownish coloured blank, green whips, fuji's, cork handle with notched slider reel fittings

Last edited: